cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get an eSim with same phone number

RT11381
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All.

My daughter's phone plan exp tomorrow, with another carrier.  I want to get her a PM eSim with the same number.  I went through the purchase process,  until I hit the purchase page. I'm not sure if I should continue on with the payment.  I'm afraid I'll get a new number and loose her current number.  Need help.  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear it! 🙏 

RT11381

Thanks everyone.  All is good cheers

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Continue with Payment, that is 100% normal. 

You always have to pay before bringing in or selecting a Number. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is the phone currently using an esim from the old provider? If not be sure the phone has esim capability.

It's actually in a way recommended to sign up and take a random number (choose an AB # to save some taxes on the initial sign up) and then make sure everything works and you're familiar with the account.
Then you can do the transfer in the account as described.
You'll then need to change the phone number in the eversafe profile to change the 2fa texts to the new number.

@RT11381 

yes,  the phone number transfer is AFTER the payment step

Check @Priority 's experience here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/e-SIM-Activation/m-p/1020154#M711335

@RT11381  Yes and just use the old providers account number and not the phones IMEI as it’s not needed and causes more hiccups then not 

RT11381

Her old Sim is still active.  I'm assuming the transferring of the phone number happens after I enter my credit card info then.  Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

nvm.. wrong   reply

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381  You can port the number in on activation or after you create a new account . Just make sure to leave her old provider SIM card I phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port number 

Need Help? Let's chat.