cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used the wrong email when registering.

Hazmatguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I ordered a SIM but I put @gamail.com instead of @gmail.com so now I can't get into my account. What do I do? Should I just leave the account alone to collect dust? When I got my SIM, I set up a new account using a different email, but I don't feel all that great about leaving the other one to sit there.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hazmatguy wrote:

Ah ok, I understand. I just wanted to delete it because my address was still on there and I didn't want to leave it unattended. I was able to login and delete my information, so thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for reminding me about the free month, I forgot about that. Have a great day.

The process for the term credit was to use an email address in the promo form. Then use that same email when activating. Unless I'm reading things wrong, it looks like you already activated.

@Hazmatguy wrote:

Ah ok, I understand. I just wanted to delete it because my address was still on there and I didn't want to leave it unattended. I was able to login and delete my information, so thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for reminding me about the free month, I forgot about that. Have a great day.

If you're talking about the sim card ordering site login, that didn't need to be created. I believe that does nothing other than make it easier for your to order again in the future by saving your mailing address. No one would have access to that without the password that you created there. As I was saying, it doesn't affect your service activation process.  As for any e-mail message that Public Mobile may have sent out to that incorrect e-mail address, I do not know if that incorrect address would lead to anywhere, but Public Mobile can't recall any e-mail message that has already been sent.

Hazmatguy

@Hazmatguy wrote:

I think that's it. I ordered the SIM and entered the wrong email in the checkout window where you enter your address.

That makes no difference.As I said, there is no requirement to create any account when ordering a sim card. if you entered an incorrect e-mail address during the sim card checkout/payment process, that only means that you won't receive any e-mail message about your sim card purchase. You need to activate your sim card/account/service as you normally would. That's when your Public Mobile self serve account gets created.

Also, did you remember to register for the free 30 days of service promotion at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020 ?

Hazmatguy

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help. I sent them a request, so everything should be okay now. Thanks again and have a great day.

Hazmatguy

I think that's it. I ordered the SIM and entered the wrong email in the checkout window where you enter your address.

@Hazmatguy wrote:

So, I ordered a SIM but I put @gamail.com instead of @gmail.com so now I can't get into my account. What do I do? Should I just leave the account alone to collect dust? When I got my SIM, I set up a new account using a different email, but I don't feel all that great about leaving the other one to sit there.

There's no account to get into until you activate the service. There is no account that needs to be created when ordering a sim card.  A self serve account does get created during the activation process.

Do you mean that you entered the incorrect e-mail address in fror the promotional offer?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hazmatguy , you can contact the moderator team and have the account with the incorrect email address cleaned up.  They can change it for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.