cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took a look at Lucky, it seems like Lucky may have some Things that may up the anty

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I looked at Lucky, and they have some fairly good things, Especially when International Calling, Zone 1, 2  and so forth, and IF they add more, could be  a direct competitor to Public.

Perhaps Public should heavily consider upping their game as well

14 REPLIES 14

PM doesn’t fit everyone’s needs.  However, for those that it does fit, like myself, I don’t need to look anywhere else (yet).

A lot of folks here continue to say more data, get rid of Province wide calling, make multiple SIM accounts available.  None of these things I need, let alone want.

I’m saving $50+ per month than when I was with Rogers 3 years ago, with a plan then that was more than overkill for my needs for calling, and was ok for data.  Now I’m on a plan with better cellular service where I live and work, calling plan is less than before, but still more than I use (Province wide and toll free only), and I have more data now than I had with Rogers 3 years ago, and still haven’t hit 2/GB per month yet!

Let those who need more go elsewhere, but don’t try to tell me Public Mobile is closing up shop.  It’s a place for value minded customers, who don’t need one on one voice contact, and don’t need super huge data requirements because they know how to use WiFi and offline storage effectively.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LovingTeddy wrote:

Wait until you need support and you have to wait few days for your problem to be resolved. 

There is more to value of plan or anything. After sale support is very important. 

Public Mobile is lossing competitive edge fast. Plan wise is no longer competitive, more of the same for now. There are offers with Fido offers 45 dollars for 3GB plan with real customer support. Public Mobile might found themselves in niche market and might be complete dissolve by Telus. 

I think PM lost a lot of customers the past month alone. I would bet that PM lost more customers than they gained. Even Koodo has a prepaid retention department. 

The hardest sell for me to my friends and their friends is that PM does not have a call centre. Maybe it's time to change the PM structure? 

Bring on the zones!

Cat LOL

Remeber, PM '3G' plans, are not 3G.  Just 3G speeds, on the 4G network.

Lucky, IS 3G tech.

LovingTeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait until you need support and you have to wait few days for your problem to be resolved. 

There is more to value of plan or anything. After sale support is very important. 

Public Mobile is lossing competitive edge fast. Plan wise is no longer competitive, more of the same for now. There are offers with Fido offers 45 dollars for 3GB plan with real customer support. Public Mobile might found themselves in niche market and might be complete dissolve by Telus. 

@LovingTeddy wrote:

Although I am still staying with Public Mobile for now. But I still like how Chatr and Lucky Mobile offers telephone support services. 

Timely customer services and support is and will be always the wake point for Public Mobile. I value customer support more than the plan itself. If I need help on something, I want to talk with someone so I can resolve my problem fast. I don't want messaging back and forth with moderator, this is big time waster 

But there are those who barely need help and has backup services if they have to wait a day or two. I have been with PM just over 2 years and never reached out to the moderator for account or service outage issue. 

LovingTeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Although I am still staying with Public Mobile for now. But I still like how Chatr and Lucky Mobile offers telephone support services. 

Timely customer services and support is and will be always the wake point for Public Mobile. I value customer support more than the plan itself. If I need help on something, I want to talk with someone so I can resolve my problem fast. I don't want messaging back and forth with moderator, this is big time waster 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I took a look and I think PM offers are  a little better  specifically addons which are not monthly. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28, we have already been appropriately warned about discussing other products here as this is not a shopping forum.  That said, you cannot cherry pick one item from Lucky and draw conclusions from it.  You have to look at the total package. 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lucky site is blocked by our network admin... we're not even in the telecom industry... how unlucky for Lucky. Not a good way for Lucky to go. I guess, I'll have to keep pushing my luck with PM/FM. ( yes, I could check from home... but why?)

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Lucky plans are not that good. Same yucky plans as the competition. I am happy with my PM plan. 🙂

Sorry but my perusal of their plans suggests noone at PM will get lucky by switching! Robot LOL

But there is more of the usual Bell bs with good deals for 8 months that revert to worse later. Robot Mad

Freedom seems to be the competitor to watch if they get their network together.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I'm not planning on it.

They maybe on 3G, BUT, If they start adding new toys to the fray, Public's No Frills would have to be altered a bit to ONLY the Best Frills on the Public Planet

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Stay tuned. 

Please do not discuss what they have to offer in terms of plan and prices. 

Need Help? Let's chat.