cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think there are something wrong

wiey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I choosed the plan dont have talk ,but I add a 400min intl long distance talk,so why I cant call everybody?

13 REPLIES 13

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wieyIs the country you are calling one of the countries in the list? Only these countries can be called with the long distance add on.

18 countries public mobile.jpg

wiey

I change my plan now,and I have the 400min long-dis talk, but I also cannot talk to other countries

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ionut wrote:

Either you could try to purchase an " Add-On" for 8 $ to see if it's work till your renew your plan.

@Ionut FYI this would have the same problem as the $15 add-on that @wiey already tried purchasing.  The long-distance add-ons are only to augment an existing talk plan by adding long distance minutes; they do not work on their own to add talk time to a plan that doesn't include a talk option.

@wiey please send your info to @Shazia_K, she should be able to help 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @wiey

I'm sorry to hear about the plan confusion you have been having. 

I will be glad to look into this for you, please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thanks, 

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK

You cannot change the plan but a moderator can. If you want to add talk, private message @Shazia_K or @Mary_M the details and they can take care of it,

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This might/might not be a good idea. 

Either you talk with PM staff and tell them to close your account and reopen another one.

Either you could try to purchase an " Add-On" for 8 $ to see if it's work till your renew your plan.

Either you creat another account , order another sim, purchased another plan and make it right and close the other.

Anyway hopefull the Advice about finding your phone number was accurate.

wiey

so how can i call other people in these three months? i cannot change it now

Ionut

To find out your phone number, follow the steps below, depending on which device you have. 

iPhone.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap about Phone.
  3. You’ll see your number on this page.

Android.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap About.
  3. Tap Phone identity.
  4. Scroll down to find your number.

Android V2

1. Go Settings

2. Tap about Phone

3. Status

4.  My phone Number

Windows phone.

1. Go to Apps.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Go to More, at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
  4. Go to Settings.
  5. You’ll see your number on this page.

wiey

ok

so how can i add a unlimited talk in these three month 

and i forget my phone number,i cant call anyone,how can i know my number

JaK

Hi @wiey;

The fine print condition @nishufan quoted implies it, but condition 5 explicitly states it: "5 Add-ons are available for use only with an active plan. Long distance add-ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan."

So, you will not be able to use you add on minutes at all without some type of base talk plan. PM does have a policy of refunding that add on in this case. Or you can add talk to you plan if you need some. A moderator can help you with either of those. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

If you only need a small amount of talk, you can set up a voip app like fongo, which will bring the talk over the data part of your plan, but does require a seperate phone number.

Good luck, and welcome to Public mobile.

ute1978

Nothing wrong.

Like @nishufan said, you will need a talk feature in order to be able to use the 400 minutes add-on.

Yes, with this add-on you can make international calls to the US and to those countries:

China, Italy, Puerto Rico, France, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Greece, Mexico, Thailand, Poland, United Kingdom, India, Portugal, Venezuela.

wiey

so could the long distance talk call the other countries?

nishufan

Hi @wiey

Here is the condition for the province-wide talk plan.  "2.Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province." Based on the description, I assume the long distance talk add-on only work when you have talk plan. It can make the province talk become Canada-wide talk plan, but it still needs you have at least a province-wide talk plan.  Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.