cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Eversafe is the dumbest thing that public mobile has done. It does not offer safety but risk

kalamari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have lost my phone and I cant access my public online account anymore as eversafe keeps sending the 2-factor verification code to the the very number that is lost, that I don't have access to. Eversafe doe not offer alternatives for account recovery by email.  Now when you want to contact public mobile customer service, you cant contact them without logging in. When you try and log in it sends the 2-factor code to the very phone that is lost. How stupid can this be? Then when one tries to get help from the useless AI, it does not provide any solution other than keep going in circles. So in the end I have to spend money and buy another public mobile account to get to customer service to inform them that my number is lost. How stupid is this system? It is extremely annoying and extremely retarded.  How does one offer only online customer service? how about if one is stuck in the Canadian wilderness where there is no internet? how does one contact public mobile customer service?

15 REPLIES 15

ThisGuyAce

Here is how its described or its definition:
Your Public Mobile experience is secured by our partner, EverSafe ID. EverSafe is a safe platform to securely manage your account across all of Public Mobile's digital support tools without having to replicate changes on each portal separately.
As well, I purposely when the 2 step verification appeared, HIT RESEND CODE and options were text or voicemail and nothing else. HIT HELP and no options within there. So, for me anyhow their is no option of receiving and email to confirm 2 step verification, but am no longer a GOOD NEIGHBOR and have been promoted to GOOD CITIZEN!!   ROFLMAO!!!

ThisGuyAce

Ticket, ticket , ticket!!! hahaha

ThisGuyAce

Ticket, ticket, ticket!!! lol

ThisGuyAce

I totally agree. It should be our choice on 1 step, 2 step or 3 step security verification, When this first appeared it sounded and was totally written as if you would now have all your public mobile account under one secure email address and password.  Hahaha, I was fooled and played for an idiot. I have to, like many I'm sure, a separate email address for each number you wish to have because for some reason in todays world this can not be done within one account. Hahaha gain. It can and should be here! 

One other thing, WOW! I live in the North Shuswap, British Columbia where an event this past summer turned homes ashes, transportation incinerated, wildlife killed, power and internet of course to thousands of homes destroyed for many weeks and ongoing in some areas as of today, while locked in with no where to go due to a RCMP government directive which as well would allow anything into the area support thousands of humans. 
Get to the point ACE! No internet, no television etc. , all anyone had was there cell phones which running under data to keep in touch with worried sick family and friends, stay up to date on the situation itself etc etc again DATA Plans were burnt up within a few days. Telus, Koodo, Bell and a few othered and gave to affected customers, free of charge, 50GB of data to there plans! Public Mobile offered 2GB, one time only,  if you used your data to sign into there horrendously slow server into the Community Forum and submit a ticket(basically a question or complaint to the moderators) and possibly you might receive. I do believe I am personally moving on from 6 years of automatic monthly payments as if it were a subscription but not worth it in the long run because you're treated like you're crap compared to contract subscriptions which makes no bloody sense! So in the mean time and between time, this is probably the last you may see my posts...LMAO! 

What a mess. Now you have two service accounts because the system causes these ridiculous screw ups leading people to all kinds of wrong.
Hopefully by now you've had communication with support from the link provided and hopefully got you back to the original account.

kalamari

I had to buy a new  sim card and create a new account with a new phone number from public mobile in order to access this community and access the online customer service to report that my other number is lost. It is really very disheartening to understand that a company does not offer even a customer service email for customers to contact the mobile company. This is NOT development but it is corporate greed and irresponsible behaviour to cut costs at the expense of customers. It is very sad

The so-called voicemail thing is actually a recording that plays when you answer. I suppose it could wait for the call to drop to voicemail and then it would record there. But no, without service, that won't work. Did you try the couple tricks offered? Type in made up codes multiple times and then didn't get code and it might come up with the email option.
But again, had you previously already set up the new login system?

There is a private message system here that you can send to support. But yes you have to be logged in to the community, which you are.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hi @kalamari 

no email but message system here in the Community. 

kalamari
kalamari_0-1692037121173.jpeg

kalamari
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

a moment ago

I think you are behind, in their infinite wisdom of torturing customers, eversafe has updated the system. When you click the link that says resend code,  Eversafe does not offer choices to send code by email Instead they offer choices to send your code by text message or send code by voice mail. So you will be back in the very same situation that you are in, because if you don't have the phone or you don't have your voice mail activated you will still not get the 2-factor verification code. That means if you don't have access to another phone to call your voice mail, you are screwed. They should offer customers with alternative means to access customer service or alternative means to reclaim an account.  They used also offer a direct customer service email where customers can send an email message directly without having to login to a community or login to an app. Even the contact us link in the app is not working. So one is incapable of contacting customer service

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I really hope you did not actually go through signing up a whole other new account.
No, without internet (wifi or cell) there is no other way to contact support.
Had you gone through the new login system yet?

kalamari

I think you are behind, in their infinite wisdom of torturing customers, eversafe has updated the system. When you click the link that says resend code,  Eversafe does not offer choices to send code by email Instead they offer choices to send your code by text message or send code by voice mail. So you will be back in the very same situation that you are in, because if you don't have the phone or you don't have your voice mail activated you will still not get the 2-factor verification code. They should offer customers with alternative means to access customer service. This is a big inconvenience to customers

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There IS an alternative! Click on resend code and you will be offered email option.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @kalamari 

They can send code to email, just that you missed

on that screen you are typing 2FA , select "Didn't receive the code" and then Send email should be choice

if not, please submit ticket with cs agent  by direct message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There is a very easy solution. When the window pops up saying enter the 6 digit code, hit the Didn't Get Code? You will get an option to send to your email. Easy as pie.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kalamari  You not alone many here don’t like the ever safe ID . But first try resending code a few times or didn’t get code option . You should then have an option to send code to email instead . Or you can also try rest password option to have code send to email . If no luck please submit ticket with support to help you regain access 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

Need Help? Let's chat.