cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I selected a $50 plan when we went to the U.S. in December. It did not work in Palm Desert.

PerrieHorst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid $50 a month for the 8 gb data to use as unlimited talk canada and US.  It did not work for the telephone the whole time we were away.  HELP

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous 

Yes its hard to comply with a members request when it asks others to go out of their way to accommodate it. But I am trying really hard to do so......🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : T'ain't no rule. No one wants to see incorrect information left hanging unchallenged.

@ShawnC13 

Perhaps you would like to pass on the following info to a fellow member......

Honest mistakes do happen and the moderator team is very forgiving when contacted at the time the mistake is made and in most cases will correct the mistake or offer a credit on the account even though they are under no obligation to do so since pm's services are non-refundable. In this case the OP has made no effort on his own to change his rate plan ( which he can easily do and did so in December so he is not unfamiliar with the process) for 3 months since he originally changed his plan. Asking for a credit now after using the services within his rate plan ( with exception of December) is a waste of both the moderators and the OP's time. I'm all for asking for a credit when wording is unclear or there is mixed messaging within a reasonable time period of noticing an error on either the customer or pm's side. This situation does not fit that bill.

If that's the case maybe I should ask pm to add the referral code I "forgot" to add 18 months ago when I activated?!!

I also realize its presumptuous to expect only oracles to correct community members.....

@PerrieHorst 

You will need to login into your PM account and click on My Plan>Change Plan.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@PerrieHorst wrote:

I paid $50 a month for the 8 gb data to use as unlimited talk canada and US.  It did not work for the telephone the whole time we were away.  HELP

Please take me off the $50/month plan.  I want to go back to the $24/month.  

Hi @PerrieHorst many customers most probably misunderstood the $50 plan. 

Here are the details of the $50 plan with unlimited Canada-wide and U.S. talk

50 dollar unlimited talk Canada and US.png

But who can blame you.  Not many people read the "fine prints".  Too bad you had been paying $50/30-day cycle since December that was not the plan you thought it to be.  You may contact the Moderator_Team and plead your case.  Maybe, just maybe, you get a moderator who is compassionate and would give you a credit or something.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

As you may know, Public Mobile plans are prepaid.  Follow the steps provided above in changing your plan.  If you choose Change Now, you will see this warning in red, that the change will take effect immediately and any payments you've made on your current plan cannot be applied towards your new plan.

RosieR_0-1616622772586.png

It is recommended to choose Change Plan on Next Renewal.  But that is up to you.

Also, there is no plan for $24.  Check out the newly announced plans here

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

If you have any other questions, we are here to help.

RosieR

@PerrieHorst 

It's an honest error. The $50 plan includes Canada and US long-distance, but some users may mistake that to mean the device plan can be used while in the US.

The 'small print' reference represented in the $50 plan description yields these results:

6.  Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

@PerrieHorst 

Review all the new plans offered up today and then schedule a plan change on next renewal.

@PerrieHorst 

That's unfortunate. Had you communicated the issue at the time then it would have been possible to ask the moderators for a correction/credit for an honest mistake but you have really left it too late for that now.

When travel opens up again maybe pm will offer the former limited time $60 plan that had unlimited calling to the the US/Canada, international text, 8gb data and unlimited roaming calling/text in the US to the US/Canada and 2gb of data. A great deal for those who still have it even though they probably haven't gotten much use out of it lately.

@PerrieHorst wrote:

@PerrieHorst   Log into your self serve account and select "change plan" (below Account Status) but remember to select Change at next renewal as there is no proration or refunds at PM.

PerrieHorst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PerrieHorst wrote:

@PerrieHorst   Sorry that is only good to be used for calling US from Canada.  If you go to the US then you need to purchase one of 10 day roaming add-ons options available before leaving.

Edit:  BTW you may want to schedule (change at next renewal option) a plan change to the new version of that $50 plan which now has more data than the previous version.  Here's a link about some changes for current plan offerings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Changes-to-Our-In-Market-Plans/m...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PerrieHorst : That really sucks. But the plan is only usable while in Canada. To use Public Mobile in the states requires the 10 day roaming add-ons.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@PerrieHorst wrote:

That plan has to be used while you are in Canada. To use Public Mobile while in the US you need a US roaming add on.

Need Help? Let's chat.