cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I renewed 1 day late in order to CHANGE MY RENEWAL date... this system is CHEATING!!

Nfowler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purposely did NOT renew my plan on the 13th last month (July) because I wanted to start a NEW PREPAID PLAN on the 14th (July)...

This system is CHEATING AND ROBBING ME CLAIMING MY PLAN IS STILL EXPIRING ON THE OLD PLAN!!

I do not believe this is legal, this is blatantly STEALING!

If I initiate a month of service BANG ON the 14th of a month then legally I should receive service until midnight of the START of the 14th ie. 00:00 hrs on the 14th!!

Can somebody please reset this because this is fraudulent to accept a payment for a MONTH of service and then provide me with ONE DAY LESS!!

6 REPLIES 6

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your plan renewed on july 13, your next plan would renew on Aug 12th. This because the plans are 30 days, not monthly.

@Anonymous wrote:

I interpreted it as he did not have autopay on and did not have sufficient funds. So I concluded that he let it suspend for a day to let it start a new term on a day of his choosing (in this case the next day). Now we're up to the next term and he's wondering why it only went for the one day short of a month.

I was only considering it as a possibility that there could have been money also lost due to an immediate plan change. 

Uh oh.... a bit of research before the rant is always a good idea! Virtually ALL Prepaid plans are 30 day plans, not monthly plans. Hence all of the current PM plans are 30 day Prepaid plans. Since most years have 365 days, not 360 your renewal normally moves up 5 days over a 1 year time frame. July was a 31 day month so yeah, you lost a day this renewal.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

I interpreted it as he did not have autopay on and did not have sufficient funds. So I concluded that he let it suspend to let it start a new term on a day of his choosing (in this case the next day).

Now we're up to the next term and he's wondering why it only went for the one day short of a month.

Edit: Although it's really kinda two days as his 30 days started day 1 on his 14th and ends tonight.

@Nfowler wrote:

I purposely did NOT renew my plan on the 13th last month (July) because I wanted to start a NEW PREPAID PLAN on the 14th (July)...

This system is CHEATING AND ROBBING ME CLAIMING MY PLAN IS STILL EXPIRING ON THE OLD PLAN!!

I do not believe this is legal, this is blatantly STEALING!

If I initiate a month of service BANG ON the 14th of a month then legally I should receive service until midnight of the START of the 14th ie. 00:00 hrs on the 14th!!

Can somebody please reset this because this is fraudulent to accept a payment for a MONTH of service and then provide me with ONE DAY LESS!!

Public Mobile does not sell monthly plans. All current plans are 30 days in duration.

Also, when changing plans, you should never wait until a specific date to perform the change. Performing an immediate plan change will always result in you losing at least some of the payment from the plan that you are changing from. Peforming a plan change on the same day as the renewal can actually be the worst time to peform such an immediate plan change because you could potential end up losing a full 30 days of service and payment for the old plan.  The only way to prevent that from happneing is to pre-schedule the system to make the change for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Um...these are 30 day plans...not a month.

Need Help? Let's chat.