cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really need the WiFi call feature

AdX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I tried to turn on the WiFi call feature on my Google Pixel 7 PRO, which Telus has this feature, just PM blocked it, my signal is not good in the basement, and WiFi call can help me a lot on this, I was on Rogers, and even Fido, Freedom Mobile, the 2nd level brands also has the WiFi call feature.

Can community support me this motion please?

We need PM release the WiFi call, it's just business decision, no any technical issue for PM.

7 REPLIES 7

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @AdX 

Please note we are all customers like you here. Nobody from Public Mobile monitors these boards.

As others here have stated, Public Mobile does not have WiFi calling as an option. Hence the reason why the plans are so cheap. Public Mobile is the bare bones service. For those kinds of feature you have to look into 2nd tier services like Koodo or 1st tier services like Telus. In my opinion, I do not see Public Mobile getting this feature in any way shape or form. The idea behind Public Mobile is .... once again, bare bones service for bare bones prices. 

The thing is PM isn't really cheaper than other carriers anymore, and I think the feature changes reflect this as well, PM for example has an app and Koodo doesn't. 5G is also not a barebones feature. That is to say, I think Wi-Fi calling could happen.

AdX

We need to fight for our interesting!!

AdX

the point here is if we have enough motion, and we can push PM management to release it. if all of us just accept this, of cause, nothing will happened!!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @AdX 

Please note we are all customers like you here. Nobody from Public Mobile monitors these boards.

As others here have stated, Public Mobile does not have WiFi calling as an option. Hence the reason why the plans are so cheap. Public Mobile is the bare bones service. For those kinds of feature you have to look into 2nd tier services like Koodo or 1st tier services like Telus. In my opinion, I do not see Public Mobile getting this feature in any way shape or form. The idea behind Public Mobile is .... once again, bare bones service for bare bones prices. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AdX  Sorry PM doesn’t have wifi calling . You will need to look to Koodo or Telus for that feature 

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's no Wi-Fi calling here, and no word on it coming anytime soon either. I prefer the way Rogers and Freedom handle Wi-Fi calling, Telus artificially limits it.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

My phone has this feature also, but Public Mobile does not support😔.

Maybe it's on there list for future ?🤞

Need Help? Let's chat.