cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I payed for and picked a plan yesterday for unlimited talk and txt

Cliffpike5346
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just made it and payed it yesterday my phone was working fine today I'm getting a message saying my plan dosen't include talk. I payed for the 40$ unlimited talk and text plan.

17 REPLIES 17

@computergeek541  I had to factory reset 2 Samsung phones that were locked to Bell. Made for an easy setup and worked properly. So, to clarify in my experience, this worked for me.

@gblackma wrote:

@Cliffpike5346 backup your phone and try a factory reset. Some Samsung phones require it to work properly on PM. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Is it possible that you could be mixing Samsung up with LG?

@Cliffpike5346 backup your phone and try a factory reset. Some Samsung phones require it to work properly on PM. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Cliffpike5346

I think I figured it out or at least a workaround placing 1 before the area code seems to work. I'm not sure why it changed from yesterday tho

@Cliffpike5346  This is error message could possibly be becauae of a incorrectly dialed number or the result of trying to call a destination that isn't included. There could also be a problem on your account.

The two threads on this topic are now merged.

gc3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to reiterate what others have said, definitely try texting and using mobile data/internet (disable Wi-Fi to be sure). If those work then try manually dialing a friend/family (do not dial from recent call list or missed call notification or contact list). 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't seen clarification (may have missed it) of if you were a new customer to PM yesterday or have been a customer for awhile and possibly your monthly renewal messed up this time? And is text and data working, just not callin in and out? Or just not incoming calls possibly due to a problem with porting in of your number from elsewhere? 

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cliffpike5346 wrote:

Everything worked fine when it was set up. I don't have another phone to try the sim in. I've rebooted the phone. It's a galaxy note 10+ unlocked. My account shows everything as active and all services worked fine yesterday today my calling won't work

Somehow your account may not be provisioned correctly today.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

@Cliffpike5346 wrote:

I payed for the 40$ unlimited talk and text plan yesterday. Initially everything was working fine but today I can't make calls I get a message saying my plan dosen't include talk. My account clearly shows the plan as active. 

My question would be, did you just port your number over? Maybe initially you were still on the network of the other company and now your sim was not actually activated. Other then that sounds like a service issue and you may have to open a ticket with SIMon

@Cliffpike5346 If previous advices didn't help, create a ticket with SIMON by clicking ? on bottom right of the page. Follow directions and explain situation. Mods can restart your account on their end, and when you reboot your phone after that, it should work fine.

@Cliffpike5346  Try calling the number directly or check the number to make sure it's correct.

If you can call numbers directly then the contract settings are messed up.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Cliffpike5346 

Are you trying to call 1-800 numbers? Are you calling a number within Canada?
Have you tried putting 1 in front of a number and see if you get through?
If nothing works and your calls within Canada are still not going through. Try to do a quick reset of your Simcard by reporting the phone lost/found. 

This trick resets your SIM/phone.

To report your phone lost/stolen.   

1. Login to your account.  
  2. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab.
  3. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  
  4. Then choose the Suspend Service tab.  Then Logout.
  5. Wait a few minutes and log back in and report your phone found
  6. Reboot phone.

Let us know if this helps

Cheers

@Cliffpike5346 wrote:

Everything worked fine when it was set up. I don't have another phone to try the sim in. I've rebooted the phone. It's a galaxy note 10+ unlocked. My account shows everything as active and all services worked fine yesterday today my calling won't work

@Cliffpike5346 

Does your text and data work?

Maybe try a network reset on your phone.  

Cliffpike5346

@Cliffpike5346 

Did you activate a new account?  Or change to a different plan?  Port over a number?

Does text and data work?

Reboot the phone.  Try network reset.

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem

Cliffpike5346

I payed for the 40$ unlimited talk and text plan yesterday. Initially everything was working fine but today I can't make calls I get a message saying my plan dosen't include talk. My account clearly shows the plan as active. 

Need Help? Let's chat.