cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to port in a number from fido

hkFanny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How I can port in from Fido to Public, any customer service person can help? 

11 REPLIES 11

It certainly could be more blatant but they do say it.

dust2dust_0-1677725292372.png

@hkFanny   PM actually has that in the email 🙂

did you call the porting support team? they close at 10pm EST and you still have time.  Call them and they can re-trigger the process.  once you reply YES, the porting should complete within 2 hours 

hkFanny

Thanks for the good experience sharing, I have just one step missing (reply Yes to Fido for authorized for porting) and whole things get stuck. I think Public Mobile should put this on their instruction menu for activate phone service.

hkFanny

Thanks Handy1, looks like phone# is not right

@hkFanny 

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello and welcome. 

Please keep in mind that Public Mobile is self service and pre paid.  Feel free to use the community to ask questions and get advice on anything Public Mobile related. 😁

hkFanny

thanks , I already have my account activate, but I miss the massage from Fido to port to Public, now all my incoming call still auto going to voicemail, 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hkFanny 

make sure you have a new PM sim card 

make sure your Fido account is active 

check if your phone number is eligible to port into PM here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

if you are all ready, you can active and request porting at the same time.  Just pick the choice that you will bring in your phone number in Step 2 of the activation process 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hkFanny  - do you already have a Public Mobile account and wish to transfer over from Fido?

OR, are you activating a new account and want to transfer from Fido?

Make sure your Fido account is activate prior to porting.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hkFanny , have you activated an account already?  If not, you can complete the number port as part of the activation process.  If you have an existing active account, please go into the account and submit a number port.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hkFanny  Get SIM card and activate on PM website 

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.