cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to pay with an American credit card

Taye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to buy a sim online but I have an American zip code, which has no letters in it. Can I circumvent that through y'all?

UPDATE I got a prepaid credit card and it worked just fine. This service is great. Thanks for the suggestions 🧡🧡

7 REPLIES 7

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact a CSA. 

Public Mobile currently accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), Visa debit, and MasterCard debit cards issued by Canadian or American financial institutions that are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have an account working here and you just need a sim for a replacement or referral? Or you're new? The sign up payment does not take American cards. Afterwards the account will. But where and how are you trying to buy the sim?

HI @BKNS27 

actually PM accepts US Credit card, too

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

but yes, the postal code field now could be a problem

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Taye 

Sorry, I recall that PM will only accept Canadian CC but go on Amazon.ca and get one there for $4.99cdn which would be about $3.60usd.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Taye  you may need a Canadian issued bank card , think American Express will work not sure if the others thou . Also you can use a ore paid visa should work too 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Taye 

yes, the zip code would be a problem

you can however use your US CC to buy a voucher from Shoppers drug mart and load the voucher using *611 or My Account.  But voucher is free

you can also buy a Prepaid credit card (with fees) and add it to your My Account, you can use any valid Canadian postal code for prepaid credit card

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Taye 

not sure about that for hard sim...but are you aware that all current plans offer free esims ?

sp

Need Help? Let's chat.