cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to change my number

Pemo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to change my number to a 250 area code it only lets me select from 778 area codes

8 REPLIES 8

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pemo Check out some other carriers. If they have 250 numbers get their cheapest plan and port out the number to Public Mobile. Of course watch out for the fine print on activation fees. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you change your number, it can only be changed once every 30 days.

@Pemo try using other free services like the TextNow app to see what numbers are available. If you snag one there you can buy it for $5 and port it over to PM. I don't know how effective you will be I saw 250 area code selling from $500 to almost $1500. Who knew. 

Also, if its about your number  being local so that landlines/voip numners can call you then you may not need a 250 area code. Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check which nd set of numbers is local to your area. http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

you can change your number to the desired local area code once each 30 day cycle through your self service account. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pemo wrote:

I need to change my number to a 250 area code it only lets me select from 778 area codes

When you go into Change Number, you'll select a city and then it will give a list of 5 numbers available. Those numbers WILL be "local" for all callers in that city to you. If you don't like the selection then you can choose another city and then come back to your city and it will give you a different list. Do that a bunch of times and a 250 number might show up. You might not like the number but at least it would be the area code you prefer. Keep doing that refresh and you might find the odd other 250 number. Yet again you might not like it.

It's simply that that is the pot of numbers available to us via Public Mobile.

Newf2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can search for the numbers with that area code but they may be all taken. You may have to choose another in that case.

Good Luck and be safe.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pemo wrote:

250 and 778 are used in the same area so there should be no issue with a 778 number.  What was the reason you needed a 250 number?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pemo  Not all area codes are available. Best to keep checking every day early in the morning as new numbers get added to the number pool.

@Pemo wrote:

This likely means that there are no 250 area code phone numbers available for your city. Sorry, but you'll have to choose from what's available.

Need Help? Let's chat.