cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to call Ireland, this is ridiculous!!

Shuriken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a PM member since July and not soon after signing up I discovered Ireland is not in your list of approved countries that we can long distance call.

You really want to get it added to your list the amount of Irish in Canada using Public Mobile!! Seriously guys!! I've had so many instances over the past few months that I've needed to call family, my bank, various companies I have an account with back home, and there is absolutely no way of calling them!! I'm thinking of leaving Public Mobile because I need to call Ireland?? So on behalf of all the Irish out there that cant call anyone in Ireland, sort your selves out Public Mobile!!

49 REPLIES 49

DebS43
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would Google Hangouts also allow me to make and receive calls while I am in Ireland? I wish PM would offer add-ons for international roaming. We don't only travel to the US so not having international  roaming is so limiting and frustrating.

@DebS43 wrote:

Would Google Hangouts also allow me to make and receive calls while I am in Ireland? I wish PM would offer add-ons for international roaming. We don't only travel to the US so not having international  roaming is so limiting and frustrating.

Download free voip app like TextNow for use whenever you have access to a wifi signal. You can phone/text whomever you want in Canada or US. There's other voip app's that work just as well, but I've only used TextNow while out of Canada and it seems to work fine.

@DebS43 wrote:

Google Hangouts (or the replacement program Google Chat) does not allow you to do regular phone calls using your main phone number.  It does allow you to receive voice/video calls from other people who are using the same app and requires a working internet connection.

I put my vote on TextNow as well.  It is perfect if you want to call home or leave your "local" number for your friends to call you while you are in Ireland.  But keep in mind, you won't be able to use it to call Ireland number

Yes, no roaming could be trouble.  But roaming usually is costly.  If you  need data there as well, get a local prepaid SIM.  it is very common in Europe and very cheap.  

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you talking Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland?

Northern Ireland is covered here. 

9F325CF5-B756-4533-9CC3-58FFF616ADAF.jpeg

@barrascuk   OP is talking about roaming while he/she in Ireland..  Roaming while there instead of calling Ireland from Canada

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Jeepers!!!

@Shuriken 

I don't understand your problem?

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

@barrascuk 

You and me both.....this is why members need to start their own thread. Well the OP will be happy to know pm has added Ireland to the list.

@DebS43 

Use fongo. Free WiFi is everywhere in Ireland ts even on the public transit. Otherwise get a local SIM card. For the about €10 you will have plenty of coverage for a month.

Tesco offers 5000min, 5000 texts and 8gb of data and a free sim card for €10. Or you can review plans of the major players here....

https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/broadband-phone/the-best-sim-only-deals-in-ireland-right-now/

Need Help? Let's chat.