cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need phone record

trudew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm renewing BC driver's license but ICBC requested residency check. 

They asked my Mobile Phone records like below

- Documents must include your name, dates, and general location (city) of the outgoing calls. All other information may be blacked out.

Could you please provide my record this year? 

8 REPLIES 8

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk  useful stuff!!

Yup. Every 5 years or so. 

The OP says “I'm renewing BC driver's license but ICBC requested residency check. ”.

So If OP is renewing an existing BC DL then here is what is needed.  

Either way renewing a BD DL or receiving a BC DL by turning in your out of province DL.....the phone bill appears to be a far fetched request.

Primary ID 

Type of identification

​Note

​B.C driver's licence or learner's licence

• Must include your photo.
  • Accepted up to three years after expiry date on licence.
  • You must bring your most current immigration document if you brought a student, work, visitor, temporary-resident or refugee permit (form IMM1442) on your last visit to our office. If the IMM1442 expires within 6 months, you will be issued a non-photo 'paper' licence.

BC Services Card (photo)

• ​Accepted up to three years after expiry date on card.

​Combination driver's licence and BC Services Card

• Accepted up to three years after expiry date on card.
  • Counts as only one piece of primary ID, not a piece of both primary and secondary ID.

​B.C. identification card (BCID)

• Accepted up to three years after expiry date on card.
  • Older BCID cards without an expiry date are not accepted as primary ID.

Canadian birth certificate

Most Canadian birth certificates are accepted as primary ID. This is also accepted as a foundation document.

Some examples of documents that are not accepted include:

• baptismal certificates
  • certificates of live birth
  • commemorative birth certificates
  • Canadian Registration of Birth Abroad Certificate
  • Quebec birth certificates issued before 1994
  • Manitoba birth certificates issued by a "division registrar"
  • Ontario Long Form Birth Certificates (also called Registration of birth certificate)

Note: the names that will appear on your ICBC issued photo card will display in the exact same order as they appear on your Canadian birth certificate. You can apply to the issuing province or territory’s Vital Statistics Agency/Directeur de l’etat Civil to have it re-issued in your preferred name order before applying for a B.C. photo card.

​Canadian citizenship card/certificate

• The commemorative sheet that comes with a citizenship card is not accepted as primary ID.
  • If your Canadian Citizenship Card has two different names listed, your legal full name that appears under the coat of arms will be the one used for your application.

​Canadian passport

• Not accepted if expired.
  • The name that appears must be exactly the same as your Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate. Otherwise, additional name linking document(s) will be required.
  • If it is your first time applying, we recommend bringing your Canadian birth certificate or Immigration/Citizenship primary ID to avoid possible return trips.
  • If you have a non-photo BC Services Card, you may not be able to use a Canadian passport as primary ID. Please bring your non-photo BC Services Card and your Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate with you.

​Canadian immigration identification record

• ​Not accepted if expired.

​Identity card

• Issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to foreign representatives accredited to Canada.

​Permanent resident card (previously Canadian record of landing)

• Confirmation of permanent resident IMM5292 or IMM5688 are not accepted as primary ID.
  • Must show your full legal name and date of birth.

​Secure certificate of Indian Status

• Only cards issued 2009 onwards with the new design and enhanced security features are accepted as primary ID.

​Student, work, visitor, or temporary resident permit (IMM1442)

• If the IMM1442 form expires within 6 months, you'll only be able to apply for an interim driver's licence (paper) and not a photo licence.
  • Must show your full legal name and date of birth
  • If you used an IMM1442 immigration form the last time you got your B.C. licence or BCID, you must bring it with youwhen renewing or replacing your licence or BCID and when taking a knowledge or road test, even if it's expired or the 'valid until' date has passed.
  • If your IMM 1442 has expired, please be prepared to show proof that you've applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to renew your student, work, visitor, or temporary resident permit. The driver licensing office will determine if you're able to apply for an interim (paper) licence.
  • Not accepted for a photo or combined BC Services Card application or renewal.
Accepted secondary ID

Most secondary ID may be expired for up to one year.

• Bank card (both your imprinted name and signature must appear on the card)
  • Birth certificate from foreign country
  • Canadian Forces ID
  • Correctional service conditional release card
  • Credit card (both your imprinted name and signature must appear on the card)
  • Department of National Defence 404 driver's licence
  • Driver's licence (Canadian or U.S.)
  • Employee ID card with photo
  • Foreign Affairs Canada or consular ID
  • Health card issued by a Canadian province or territory (both your imprinted name and signature and/or photo must appear on the card) - health cards with a signature to acknowledge organ donation are not accepted
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Nexus card
  • Parole certificate ID
  • Passport (Canadian or foreign, including U.S. passport card). Passports are not accepted if expired.
  • Pleasure craft operator (Boating licence - Canadian)
  • Police identification
  • Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
  • Social insurance card (newer cards without a signature strip are not accepted)
  • Student card (school ID)

I think BCID and SIN is what I usually bring

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trudew 

You can give them screenshots but normally pm isn't accepted as a proof of residency due to it being prepaid so accuracy of your identification is not checked. Any other bill that requires a credit check is acceptable as well as tax records (municipal, provincial, federal), bank or credit card statements, traffic tickets or court summons or other such verifiable documentation.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@trudew 

Please note that we are customers like you to help you out with requests or problems.

To get an official cell phone bill would be from a CS_Agent through SIMon Chatbot by typing in Create a Ticket or private message (envelope icon) them on this Community page.

Just a warning that it may take a couple of weeks.

I agree with @CountyDownIeUk that a Fortis or BC Hydro bill would be the best option to prove your residency.

You are renewing a BC DL?  
Use your about to expire DL and or medical card as ID. That is what I used, never took out my passport. Check online as there is a list of what is accepted. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

They would be stupid to take PM records. 
You can put any name  or address in your My Account and print it off assuming you have a BC number. And you can print your calls etc from your usage. What else will they accept with your name and address.? BC Hydro or Fortis bill or property tax or house insurance or credit card or bank statement?. If you go to a BC Services they will re issue your licence and medical card. They will also check your driving record while out of BC on another licence. You will get your previous DL and medical card numbers back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.