cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with US talk & text - urgent

MissDoss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am in the US to do a business transaction today January 3rd. I have been attempting to make calls and send texts and neither is working. The data is working but what I need is talk and text. I paid 30 dollars for the talk, text & data bundle. Please, please advise me on what to do. Urgent. 

10 REPLIES 10

MissDoss

Thank you. I've done these from the start but still testing. 

HI @MissDoss 

P20 Pro is not VoLTE compatible with PM

so, your best choice is to connect to T-Mobile and then change to 2G for network mode and test in different area of the city

if same, use VoIP app TextNow to make calls since your data works

MissDoss

I have an android Huawei P 20 pro. It's strange. All the toggles are on. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech: Ops, my mistake here; should take some more time reading the question. I somehow thought the user has activation issues. 🙄

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MissDoss 

if data works, data roaming toggle on your phone is not a problem

which carrier you are connected to?  AT&T or T-Mobile?

Try to connect to T-Mobile, and change to 2G for network mode if 2G is there (if not, leave it with Automatic), then test voice call again

fixin

@MissDoss  - Do you have VoLTE compatible phone? What type of device are you using? In the meantime, try text now or Fongo, they use up data (500kb per minute of talking), so you'll have plenty of data to use for these VoWi-Fi apps. They give you a local number that you can pick so then you don't get one from the other side of the country. They also include ads, but it doesn't bother me most times.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 , why porting?

@MissDoss 

if data works, text should work as well

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MissDoss  Ensure you have data roaming turned in in phone settings . Set phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T mobile or AT&T if you still have issues with voice out phone to 2G and connect only to T mobile 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MissDoss 

make sure your connecting to T-Mobile for talk. You should be able to text if everything else is working. Make sure you've enabled Data Roaming in settings.

Cheetah24

If you ported to PM recently maybe the porting hasn't been completed yet. In any case I advice contacting the service agent through direct message at, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.