cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help activating my account

Jabes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I  trying to activate a new Sim card. But I am unable as Public is trying to send a code to an old number I had last year. I'm also not able to properly log in so I'm not able to speak to an agent. Can anyone please help ?

10 REPLIES 10

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Click on it and it will send a private message. Sorry we couldn't help.

Jabes

Is there an agent or someone I can talk to. This just isn't working. I've already clicked on trusted device before when I downloaded the app a few days ago.but now it's saying my phone and my computer aren't trusted devices. Need an agent to skip this process because I don't have access to that old phone.

Click on resend code again and again. That other "Didn't Get Code?" should come up.

Jabes

I have tried on the website and I only get "resend code". It's trying to send it to an old number that I don't have anymore 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

When you have successfully signed into the new website, go to your profile .

KennethJAdams_0-1692041394672.png

Then click on your Eversafe ID - Manage Eversafe ID

KennethJAdams_1-1692041416336.png

There you can change your information there to which email account or phone number to change to.

OK. So, have you signed up on the new website? If not, go for it. Then it will try to send you that code and then of course you pick the "Didn't get code?" option so it goes to your email. In a few moments I'll tell you how to change that.

Jabes

Now I'm not able to get back to the activation page haha

No worries. You should have that "Didn't Get Code?" option there. Give it a try and let us know it worked.

Jabes

Thanks for the reply. I only had a button that said "Resend code" , never had the option to choose email.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Jabes , 

Below is how you can get this code via the app. It's the same online. Just click on Didn't get Code and choose email instead. This will go to your email that you signed up with.

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

Download the app via WiFi and sign in using the email you signed up with.

KennethJAdams_0-1692040497466.png

Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1692040497388.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.