cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I make a call...but I don't hear the other person's "hello" so they almost hang up

lindamac43
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update.. Resolved for at least one of the landline numbers I call.  (can't test the others just yet)  CS did their reset and I did one on my end.  Thank you all for the help! 

Customer for a year.   All good with my Samsung S21 until the last 2 months or so.  

I make a call...but I don't hear the other person's "hello" so they almost hang up because not hearing anything from me and they assume it's a spam call.    I use phone most of the time for work and can't have this happening.  I saw another post with similar issue but did not see a solution.  Phone is a 3-yr old Samsung S21.   

Has been happening for about the last 2 months.

Also starting to periodically drop call to one specific new BC number (parents) after about 15 mins.  

Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16

lindamac43

A Samsung....and that is the correct route to Reset Network Settings.  thk you!

@Chalupa_Batman 

you've provided valuable info that isn't always known by people when we suggest to "reset network settings". I didn't know if all passwords would be affected. Thanks again...and Happy/Healthy New Year !

Hey @hairbag1 Bank passwords, Public Mobile / Eversafe passwords and such are all browser related passwords. Resetting all network settings will lose all their saved WiFi log ins and passwords. They may have a couple dozen set up automatically like work, school, doctors office and other important locations. I have over 30 locations saved in mine. I'd hate to redo them all. Plus you'd lose any VPN settings if you had one. Plus you'd have to reconnect any and all bluetooth connections. I have 10 pairs of headphones/headsets/earbuds plus 3 vehicles. I feel like I'm missing something but alas. It's 10pm and I'm ready for bed. Hope this sheds some light on why it's important to share this with customers. 

EDIT: Please note I wasn't or am not calling anyone out, just sharing something we don't often think about when resetting all network settings. Happy New Years everyone! 😎

@Chalupa_Batman 

seein' as you brought it up...are there any other changes that will occur ? Bank passwords, Public Mobile / Eversafe passwords ?

good advise @Chalupa_Batman 

will remember 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I really wish anyone who tells other customers here to reset all their network settings would kindly remind them that by doing so, they will lose all saved WiFi passwords on their phone. I think as customers helping other customers, it's imperative we advise folks of this. Not sharing this information can cause them grief later on. 

hi @lindamac43 

what phone you have?? 

something like this:

Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings

Indeed @lindamac43 , better to let Public Mobile Customer Support Agents do the resetting of the account at their end.

They can reprovision the service/SIM and it may help.

lindamac43

will give that a try!

lindamac43

No, not every call.  Also, just realized that it MAYjust be to calls that I make to Landlines.  At rec of another on here, just sent request to CS for a reset of my line.   

Is that the method you mean when you say to Reset All Networks?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @lindamac43 it happens to every call or just selected contacts?? try to use soeaker phone or Bluetooth headset to test, this can tell if it is problem with your phone. 

and make sure you have the latest OS and try Reset All Networks 

Of course, you  can try a different phone to test

lindamac43

will do!  thk you

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lindamac43 

Can you try the PM SIM card in another device to see if you experience the same result?

This well help establish whether device or network issue.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest contacting a CS Agent and ask them to reset your line. Here's a link to reach them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lindamac43 

try that sim in a different phone for a few days to see if it clears up with a different phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@lindamac43  Try resetting network settings see if that helps . You can also try setting phone to 3G and test 

Need Help? Let's chat.