cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not receiving my 2 FA from my bank via text.

Lisa26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not been able to receive my authentication code text messages from my bank.  If I’m given the option to get the code via telephone I get is code probably 50% of the time, unfortunately not all websites offer the telephone option.  This has been happening for quite some time.  

16 REPLIES 16

@Lisa26 wrote:

Yes. Td bank. And I’ve been with pm for years.  At least 3 years.  I get the codes for most places, just not the bank.  I called the bank and they couldn’t even send me a code via text, they said it has to do with my provider. Am I supposed to verify myself on here somehow?

Check your TD bank account security settings. Is there any chance can send you 2FA code to your email?

For my experiences with RBC and BMO, the RBC won't send me 2FA code because RBC remember my IP address until I go some place. The BMO will send me 2FA code to phone number by text or by email until I set "Trust this device". 

Good suggestion.  Authenticator app is not perfect, but a bit safer than SMS/email/calls

But personally, i hope they all adapt MS authenticator or Google Authenticator, phones these days are overloaded with app like these.  😞

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

While this will not 'solve' your problem of getting SMS from TD Bank, I highly suggest you to start using their 'TD Authenticate' app which will work every time and anywhere in the world, so you don't depend on SMS. Plus it is 'safer' than SMS from hijacking. 

@Lisa26 @ wrote

Yes. Td bank. And I’ve been with pm for years.  At least 3 years.  I get the codes for most places, just not the bank.  I called the bank and they couldn’t even send me a code via text, they said it has to do with my provider. Am I supposed to verify myself on here somehow?

I also have 2FA enabled on TD Bank, but I always got the text right away. Never had any issues. They also offer the calling feature to authenticate, is that working fine? If not, I suspect the problem is on their end. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you recently joined PM and ported your phone it will take a while for 'others' to find a route to your new provider.

I have NO issues receiving 2FA from any company...

Strange indeed, @Lisa26 

Do successful 2FA tend to occur in certain areas whereas unsuccessful occur in other areas?   Just wondering if possibly a signal issue based on your physical location when getting.

Lisa26

No issues. 

Lisa26

No changes

@Lisa26 

MMS doesn't need to be enabled. 

Do others in your household (perhaps if also with PM) have similar issues if using similar financial service 2FA?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you change anything on your account? Like phone number?

@Lisa26 pretty sure TD bank 2FA can get through without problem. 

Try this:  Initate a 2FA text request, note the exact time.  Then open ticket with PM support and provide them the time for further troubleshooting 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lisa26

Yes it is. 

@HALIMACS 2FA texts are usually SMS.  I

Lisa26

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisa26 you said it had happened for quiet some time, so, yiu joined PM (and ported your nimer??) for more than a week?

Are those banks 2FA you try to get are Canadian banks??

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lisa26 

Is your data toggled "on"?   I could be wrong, however, i believe these are sent MMS.    Thanks @softech 

EDIT:

Ignore above content.   Message may be being blocked, however unusual it's sporadic.  You may wish to advise Public Mobile to ensure this particular code is not being blocked for any reason, @Lisa26 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.