cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not able to change my visa debit card information! Please help!

Alyssaerin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help ASAP ! My phone has been cut off and I need to make a payment. I received a new visa debit card as my old one is expired and I can’t replace the old number with the new one. I also tried using my MasterCard and it was unable to process that card either. What do I do ? 

9 REPLIES 9

thejokeisonme

I was looking to do the same thing, and tried removing auto-pay and attempted to re-add it - but the cache remembered. I found another way to do this, which was admittedly hard to find and doesn't stand out.

Click on the Payment tab, and at the bottom left corner, it is written "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card" in small-print. Click this ('Manage my card' is hyperlinked), and you will be given an option to either change the card information or remove the card. I tried the latter, and was able to successfully add new payment information.

Hope this helped others!

@Anabela 

If you can log in to your account use this method to change your card info by choosing "manage my card" at the bottom of the payment page or the middle of the make a payment page.

As stated by @Anonymous your 4 digit pin code ( if you can't find it in your 611 text messages) can be recovered from or changed by contacting the moderators and answering additional verifying questions about your account.

You can also purchase an immediately valid and loadable voucher from London drugs, 7/11, SDM or Shell stations and add it to your account thru 611.....vouchers do not require your pin # to be loaded via 611.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anabela : Can you log in to your self-serve account? Then you can replace your payment card there.

Your might find your 4 digit PIN in your phone texts from here from "611". If not then you'll need to contact the moderators to change it.

@Anabela...

try making a payment by dialing 611 with your cell phone.Then deal with cc issue later.

Anabela

Visa number change need help with that and I forgot my 4 number access code 

Alyssaerin

I removed the card and added the new one and it said that the information couldn’t be verified. I tried adding a credit card instead and I got the same message. 

Alyssaerin

It’s saying that they can’t verify the credit card information I’m giving them 😞 

I would try again later.  There could be something momentatarily going on with the website.

As for the process itself, I find it a little strange that there's no option that I've ever found to simply edit a card (eg. to change update the expiry date), but only and option to completely remove a card and then re-add a new one.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alyssaerin, try clearing browser cache, incognito mode and giving it another go.  Do the card replacement in two steps.  Remove the old card and then add new card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.