cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to Public Mobile, need to ask, how does Public Mobile Community work?

Matthew_Cake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This would be my way to orient myself in the process

9 REPLIES 9

Crissyls
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks this answers another question I had to. Some questions I asked could have been asked in the lounge. I’ll catch on yet.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew_Cake 

Welcome to the community!

We are all fumbling around here a bit as the community forum was recently overhauled and redesigned so its been a bit of a learning curve for all of us. Have a wander around, try out the search bar, check out your profile and settings (I keep my emails off or you can be completely bombarded by the community notifications) look thru the help articles and read the latest announcements.

Once you get your bearings you can ask some questions when you don't understand how something works, you get an error or a glitch ( which happens a lot), how to troubleshoot common problems, if you are unsure ask first, no question is too dumb because we have all asked them.

Once you get into the swing of things start trying to help, share your experience, make a note of corrections, edit when needed, bravo posts you like, learn from or make you laugh and in turn you will earn bravos too, take your time choosing your solutions so they reflect what really helped you and can easily help someone else in the same situation.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @Matthew_Cake   You might want to keep it off.  Sometimes it is too many alerts in a day.   🙂

@Matthew_Cake wrote:

For some reason, I don't receive any email notification if any response on the forums, or private message

@Matthew_Cake   Have you turned off your notifications?   Mine are switched off so I don't receive any notifications either unless I'm signed in and then it's restricted to only a couple types of notifications.

Go to your settings by clicking your avatar and then you can select what notifications your want to receive or not. 

Matthew_Cake

For some reason, I don't receive any email notification if any response on the forums, or private message

Matthew_Cake

Thank you, I am looking forward to understanding how this works

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew_Cake 

Welcome to the PM Community!

You can post a question or help answer new PM members with issues…around the first week of each month. You will get $1-$20 (Oracle) off your monthly bill.

You can post off topic on The Lounge section too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Matthew_Cake   

Welcome to the community!!

you come here, ask you questions if you have any.  

And you use your Community account to open formal ticket with PM Support

At the same time, you can answer others questions to get Community reward, there are different levels, $1, $2, $5, $10, $15.  We don't know how much participation to get to each level.   But if you like to help, just keep helping and you will get rewarded  🙂

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Matthew_Cake 

We are all other PM customers just like you. We can help answer some questions that don't relate to the specifics of an account. For account specific issues, only a PM agent can help.

Did you have any other questions in particular about PM or about the community as you get settled in?

Need Help? Let's chat.