cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my access to account due to 3 months inactive, can i still get my number back

saiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

as subject stated,

I lost my access to account due to 3 months inactive, can i still get my number back.

Please assist asap.

24 REPLIES 24

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

/s

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Seeing as the solution chosen was answering a secondary question not the original question asked is why I asked the question. But it seems you are are more interested in whether or not I am seeking the solution for myself? This questioning on your part us getting a little old....don't you think? Or I guess not since you continue to comment on it. The community is only as good as the answers we provide. Maybe you should keep that in mind the next time you feel the need to comment on me in your mind being "solution seeking".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

No, just solutions in general. Thought you were the solution auditor around here.

Not getting old, for as long as solutions will be chosen as they are. They will be what they will be.

btw, you commented on it first.

edit: why do you keep telling me to submit a private message to csa 😂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Seeing as the solution chosen was answering a secondary question not the original question asked is why I asked the question. But it seems you are are more interested in whether or not I am seeking the solution for myself? This questioning on your part us getting a little old....don't you think? Or I guess not since you continue to comment on it. The community is only as good as the answers we provide. Maybe you should keep that in mind the next time you feel the need to comment on me in your mind being "solution seeking".

@darlicious wrote:

@saiii 

Thanks for the update. I don't see how the solution you chose is the solution but ok?!!

You don't see, because it wasn't yours?

This one doesn't seem like a poor choice.

If anyone is searching for help by key words and stumbles upon posts, I hope that those members are reading more than just the solution portion of threads.

Although, I imagine the majority of the time people are just starting their own threads with redundant questions, but hey, it is what it is.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@saiii 

Thanks for the update. I don't see how the solution you chose is the solution but ok?!!

Hi @saiii   if you are not planning to come back in Canada soon, there is really no point to pay just to keep it.  For the bank , try to use email or Authentication app.

saiii

thank you again for all these info.

i will probably just give up this number as I am not in canada anymore. I wanted to keep this number for sms sent from bank but since im aboard and PM is not working other than US AND CANADA.

thank you so much for the replies again!!!

HI @saiii   Sorry, missed you already said number was with Rogers.  Then if you want to get the number back, check with Rogers and you will have to activate with them if they willing to find you the number from the pool.

@saiii wrote:

who i could ask for help to reactivate?

my number is not in service 

@saiii  - you could inquire with Rogers to see if the phone number is available to reassign. But then you would have to activate a plan with them to get.

If you want to activate with Public Mobile and you don't mind a new number than obtain a SIM card, see ways here to obtain one: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles?q=sim+card

Then activate online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/portal/activation

OR, you may also wish to try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance, here: Online Activation Assistance

Check out retail locations near you for SIM cards or activations also:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/store-locator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saiii : Again...when was the last time you paid? Or...what recording do you get when you dial 611 with the SIM in a previously working phone? Edit: or dial 18554public from another phone and enter your number and see what has to say.

If you let it deactivate then the number goes back to the originating provider, in your case Rogers. You'd need to start up service with them and then if you like transfer the number back to a new account.

@saiii wrote:

HI @saiii       Your old account was permanently closed and cannot be just "reactivate" .  To come back to PM , you will need to get a new PM SIM card and activate as a new account.

For the number, as I asked you earlier, was the number a new number you picked from PM when you first joined? or was it ported from another provider?  If it was ported, you have to go back to the original provider to try to get it back

If it was from PM, there is a chance that you can ask and they can help, but likely just if you missed the 90 days about a very short time.  If too long, they likely won't help

You can try to open ticket wtih PM support and confirm.  Please  open ticket via direct message:

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

saiii

@saiii wrote:

I am unable to login to account anymore.

And my number is not in service so no one else took the number yet.

HI @saiii  It sounds like your account was permanently closed

for the number you had, did you originally got it from Public Mobile or ported in from another provider?    If it was ported in, you have to check with the other provider as the number would have returned to the provider who owned it in the beginning

If the number was from PM, you can tried to pick the number back from the pool.  Yes, you can open ticket with PM but they usually won't help to find the number back.  But you can try

saiii

I didnt pay for more than 90 days.

and yes i would love to keep number but i cannot login to repay

saiii

Number is originally from rogers,

i guess its more than 90 days and i forgot to pay.

My number now is not in service.

and i cannt sign in to account it says login failed

tried to reset password but after type in email it says login failed again not allowed me to reset 

saiii

I am unable to login to account anymore.

And my number is not in service so no one else took the number yet.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@saiii 

After 90 days, your number will be reassigned to other people who wants it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saiii : A part of the timing is also when you last paid. If that was ~4 months past then yes the account is deactivated. But if you seemed to stop using the service at say 14 weeks then that would not be the timing to know if the account has deactivated.

It's 120 days since last payment. 90 days in suspension.

@Marlene77   are you in similar case like @saiii   ?  you lost you number and you try to reactivate and try to get the number back?

Marlene77

Good day, I have a new Sim and top up, ready to reactivate my account. Thanks in advance. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you were inactive beyond 90 days, your account is closed and number lost.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@saiii  Hopefully support is able to help you. Goodluck!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@saiii  did you call it and someone else answered? If so, then it's gone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@saiii 

Maybe....? It will depend on several factors:

1. Was it originally a pm/koodo/telus phone #?
  2. Has it been less than 90 days since you lost your account? Preferably less than 60 days? Better yet less than 30 days?
  3. Are you ready to activate an account?
  4. Do you feel lucky? As you will have to convince a CSA to go against company policy to retrieve the number for you from the hold number pool.

If the phone # is from another provider you would have to activate with them to retrieve the phone number. If its been more than 60 days it could have already been released and after 90 days it will have been released. If it falls within these time limits then call the number to see if it's in service or not.

If the number appears to be available and is originally from within the telus family contact customer support and plead your case to a CSA. If they agree then acquire a sim card asap to activate and follow the CSA's instructions on when to contact them to help retrieve and have the phone # assigned to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.