cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I loose audio on all phone calls

Kelly0624
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can make and receive phone calls but I will not be able to hear the person I’m speaking with after a short time. The call has not dropped and they can hear me fine. This is happening to all devices we have that are with Telus/Public Mobile for a couple of weeks now. From what I can gather this has become a common issue in Northern BC. 

31 REPLIES 31

@darlicious 

Well... using the echo test eliminates the element of the other end of the call also being a wireless user. The test service is on a landline, so it would be interesting to know if the audio drops out after some time using this service as well.

@Nezgar 

How does the echo test work for troubleshooting an issue like this or does it work like a control group in a research trial?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kelly0624 

To help in troubleshooting if it is your phone, or the phone on the "other end" I recommend tests with someone using a landline, and not a mobile phone on their end as well.

Very useful for testing are these "echo test" numbers, of which there are two Canadian access numbers. Great for testing the audio without having to bother someone else:

• +1 416 342 9562 - Toronto, ON
  • +1 250 412 5922 - Victoria, BC

As per https://thetestcall.blogspot.com/

It would be interesting to see if the problem persists over time when calling these numbers as well. Also, when the issue happens, try switching between speakerphone, toggling the call "on hold", and external headset/bluetooth.

@hairbag1 

I will pass on your nickle and raise you with my real nickel!😉

haha.at least for me  i will keep quiet.. i just learn from another thread:

I DONT WANT ANYONE REPLYING .. .. THAT DOESNT HAVE ANY REAL POWER TO FIX IT.

LoL

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1 

I'm going to bet you are wrong rather than rong😃!

OK...you're on ...a nickle it is then.

@hairbag1 

I'm going to bet you are wrong rather than rong😃!

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1 

More importantly the OP needs to identify the brand and model of the devices with the issue. But the calls can be made and recieved and only the OP loses sound not the caller on the other end. This points to a device issue.

More background info would be helpful. OP also hinted that this was an issue experienced by others in Northern BC.

I'm going with network issue....for now. I reserve the right to be rong.

yes. .could be an issue on the Telus side and towers are good (like back in Oct   the  outage with Telus in Winnipeg and Ontario,  Bell has on issue).  

could also be device, look like those Bell towers have band 5 only but not band 2 on 3G... but.. I think the setup was like that for long time.. so, this might not be the reason..

@hairbag1 

More importantly the OP needs to identify the brand and model of the devices with the issue. But the calls can be made and recieved and only the OP loses sound not the caller on the other end. This points to a device issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly0624 

is your area issue but you need to report to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%. and let them check it out for you and maybe them will found a Tower to them can report it to tech support will fix it,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@hairbag1 

Yes the OP did say that originally until they replied:

Our device through Bell has no issues.

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

There are only bell towers in the Fort Nelson area. But aside from that this is likely a device issue not a network issue.

OP originally said this happens an all their devices...so could still be a network issue.

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

There are only bell towers in the Fort Nelson area. But aside from that this is likely a device issue not a network issue.

yes.. i was colour blind!!!   Glad i use another site.. cannot find Telus towers at all and then i know i read the colour wrong.. hahaha

also, i assumed rural area in BC are all Telus

and as OP has problem with "all devices we have that are with Telus/Public Mobile for a couple of weeks" , i think it could be network.

@softech 

Edit:

Lol...missed your update but for future reference:

Blue =bell  Green=telus😃

@Kelly0624 

What kind of phone do you have ? exact model and brand..

I am trying to get more info of the network towers in Fort Nelson, look like those towers only have Band 5 on 3G but lack band 2  (which are  used for voice) 

So, if you phones are those non-north American phones, it might or might not be affected depends on the bands your phones have

Kelly0624

The time varies  from less than a minute to 5 minutes. Yes, both incoming and outgoing.

@darlicious   you are more familiar with BC.. does Bell really have network towers in BC?  especially small towns like this and not big city like Vancouver.. i thought rural area are all Telus..

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After how much time does the audio cut off?  after 1-2 minutes?  Does it happen on both incoming and outgoing calls?

@softech wrote:

@Kelly0624   There is only Telus towers in your area..  and I am certain Bell shares Telus network there

softech_0-1636128896647.png

I really think you should open a ticket with PM to confirm if any infrastructure upgrade in the area and see if they notice the issue too

You have phones on Telus too? Also, open a ticket with Telus.  2 tickets better than 1, Also, it's a Telus network anyway

@Kelly0624   Sorry.. i am colour blind.. 🤣  those are in fact Bell's tower!!!   

But Telus and Pm are using those towers and hence you shouldn't have your problem. Still open a ticket with Telus and PM and hope they will escalate the issue with Bell  🙂

@Kelly0624 

Are you using iPhones? Models? Are they up to date with the latest iOS? Or has the issue occurred since updating? If you switch sim cards with the bell sim card does the issue follow the sim card?

Does the issue occur when on speakerphone? While using Bluetooth? Have you used bluetooth and the problem started occurring afterwards?If you turn speakerphone on then off(or vice versa) after/during the issue occurs does anything change? Have you rebooted in safe mode to see if the problem persists? Have you tried to :

Go to Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), and drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you don't hear any sound, or if your speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts slider is dimmed, your speaker might need service. Contact Apple Support for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

@Kelly0624   kindly come back and let us know what Telus and PM say, would like to see your issue resolved soon

Kelly0624

Thank you

@Kelly0624   There is only Telus towers in your area..  and I am certain Bell shares Telus network there

softech_0-1636128896647.png

I really think you should open a ticket with PM to confirm if any infrastructure upgrade in the area and see if they notice the issue too

You have phones on Telus too? Also, open a ticket with Telus.  2 tickets better than 1, Also, it's a Telus network anyway

@Kelly0624 wrote:

. Our device through Bell has no issues.

this is weird.. Bell uses Telus tower in BC.

Did your Bell setup with VoLTE?  Also, can you set your Telus phone on VoLTE ?

Kelly0624

Fort Nelson 

@Kelly0624   what area you BC you are at? like which city ?

Kelly0624

I have rebooted our phones and there has been no change. This is happening to two different cell phones and the iPads they are linked to. Our device through Bell has no issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kelly0624 

I read your post again and you mentioned it seems to be a common issue in your area for Telus/PM.   

Curious, did you drive around and see if  you experience the same around other area?

Many providers are upgrading their system to 5G now and it seems a common issue that affected their 3G /voice system.  You might want to try to change the network to 3G Only and see but I doubt that would help in your case

You might want to open a ticket with PM to confirm if PM is aware any update in your area

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly0624 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.