cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll be out of Canada and will come back after 6 months. Would I be able to use the same account?

jiyeong6766
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'll be out of Canada for 6 months and will come back after. Should I cancel the service? Someone said I just need to take my card off for Autopay and my account would be suspended for 90 days, then be canceled. My question is, could I be able to get 6 months of suspension instead of 90 days so that I can get the same account back when I come back? Also, is it possible to keep the same account and change it to a different area's number? I live in MB right now, but I'll be living in BC after I come back.
9 REPLIES 9

@jiyeong6766 wrote:

Thank you!

@jiyeong6766 stay safe on your journey😁

jiyeong6766
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jiyeong6766 

Since you are planning to switch to a BC number after coming back, you can remove your autopay cc from your account and let it expires.  90 days after suspended, your account will be canceled.

If you have refer-a-friend and loyalty rewards, your reward will be gone with your canceled account.  2 options if you want to keep your account going:

Option 1:  You can switch to the $15 plan and renewal every 30 days and let your reward to subside your plan cost.

Option 2: You can stop paying your fee on your next renewal date and renewal before 85 days after suspension.  Remember to reactivate you account nbefore 90 days deadline.  Otherwise, your account will be canceled and your rewards will be gone forever.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jiyeong6766  One more thing to consider is that if your plan  is grandfathered and not offered anymore don't switch plans just renew it on day 85, that way you get to keep your plan when you get back.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jiyeong6766 you could switch your plan down to the lowest plan the $15 one, just before you leave the country. Remove your autopay credit card and you then have 119 days to reactivate it. Log into your self service account with 4 days to go and reactivate your account by applying payment. You then have another 119 days. You should be back before then. A couple of days before coming back. Apply paymemt, reactivate your plan and change your number to the B.C. one.  You can also switch it back to the plan that best suits you. Enjoy your trip. Stay safe 

mimmo

@Triguy no need to set phone as lost, as that starts the 90 days.    you only need to set lost stolen to stop accounts from renewing if they have funds > than renewal cost (and of course disabling autopay).   

mimmo

@jiyeong6766   this is a good read.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

yes you can get more than 90 days by renewing before the 90 days to reset the counter.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days without payment then your account would be deactivated and you would lose your phone#.  You add back your credit card/Visa debit then switch to the $15 plan before 90 days and setup autopay for 3 months.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jiyeong6766 hi  I am sorry but 90 days suspension  and then your account is closed for good you could go to the lowest plan and just renew it before 90 days that will give you another 120 days and yes you can change your number to wherever you like

Need Help? Let's chat.