cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I how do you use the Rewards Expiring Bonus Data first?

Wife_13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First let me explain. I am on a 4G plan with 30 Gb of data that I got just after Christmas this year. I have been with Public Mobile for almost 4 years.  I am on Auto pay. I am on the old rewards so I get $6.00 off my bill a month. I still had 6 Gb of bonus data and about 1285 minutes of intonational long distance left from the Public''s Christmas giveaways.

So because Public gave me 240 Gb of bonus data because of the termination of the rewards. I am trying to use some of that  data.  I started by not using Wi-Fi at all and now stream a lot movies etc. My Bonus Reward Data right now has 127 days left of the 150 GB they gave me.

Now my issue, I managed to use 31.78 Gb of data last month. That was hard for me, but I did it an accomplishment. But Public didn't take the extra 1.75 Gb from the expiring Reward Bonus data they just gave me, Public took it from my non expiring Xmas data gift from previous years. So it looks like I will never be able to use any of the Expiring Data without using all my back up data first. WHY? My husband switch to the Public Points when it first started a few years back and he was given points (points are $$'s if I am correct) for switching why are we only getting data, we won't use? Public is shutting down our rewards, are we being punished for not switching to their points in first place? How do I use only Reward only expiring data first? I don't need the answer "You don't" I already kind of figured that out.

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Rule is:
- First plan's data is used
- Second loyalty bonus data is used
- As for xmas and add-on data that should be used last.

If your xmas data is used Before loyalty bonus open a ticket and ask agent to give you back your xmas data.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Wife_13 wrote:

First let me explain. I am on a 4G plan with 30 Gb of data that I got just after Christmas this year. I have been with Public Mobile for almost 4 years.  I am on Auto pay. I am on the old rewards so I get $6.00 off my bill a month. I still had 6 Gb of bonus data and about 1285 minutes of intonational long distance left from the Public''s Christmas giveaways.

So because Public gave me 240 Gb of bonus data because of the termination of the rewards. I am trying to use some of that  data.  I started by not using Wi-Fi at all and now stream a lot movies etc. My Bonus Reward Data right now has 127 days left of the 150 GB they gave me.

Now my issue, I managed to use 31.78 Gb of data last month. That was hard for me, but I did it an accomplishment. But Public didn't take the extra 1.75 Gb from the expiring Reward Bonus data they just gave me, Public took it from my non expiring Xmas data gift from previous years. So it looks like I will never be able to use any of the Expiring Data without using all my back up data first. WHY? My husband switch to the Public Points when it first started a few years back and he was given points (points are $$'s if I am correct) for switching why are we only getting data, we won't use? Public is shutting down our rewards, are we being punished for not switching to their points in first place? How do I use only Reward only expiring data first? I don't need the answer "You don't" I already kind of figured that out.

That seems like a glitch. I'd contact the CSA to rectify this.

I'm on the $15 plan, still have two holiday data add-ons and got 5GB expiring data "gift". While I normally don't use up the plan data, I've made a point of hot spotting off the phone to use some of those 5GB. For my account it clearly uses plan data first and then takes from the expiring add-on.

And yes, it definitely feels like Public Mobile is punishing us for recognizing that the points are less value than $$ rewards and hanging on to the later as long as we can. As an entrepreneur I can understand the move to merge the two systems, but sneakingly taking away the conversion tool (what your partner was able to use) a day before announcing the discontinuation of the $$ was just underhanded. Instead of giving (expiring!?!?! come on!) data that is useless to most of us, they could have given us a starting balance in the points account to soften the blow.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wife_13  That sucks.  Many of us have the non expiring data from the more the merrier bonus data so if that gets used before this expiring data, whats the point?  It makes this not even a gesture to long term customers, it's just window dressing that is pointless.  Arrgg.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Interesting, because that doesn't align with what agents have told numerous people around here (not that they're known for giving correct information). They say the expiring data should be used before the non-expiring data, but what you've experienced first hand is more or a first-in/first-out, which makes the points conversion bonus pretty useless.

Need Help? Let's chat.