cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchased 500 minutes add on, also I have 500min international bonus from christmas give away

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when my 100 minutes used up, how come it automatic uses my internation minutes instead of my national 500min, I want to keep the international minutes to call my mom abroad. is there any way? thank you buddies.

14 REPLIES 14

@esjliv   FYI: the free LD add-ons include Canada and so "qualify" for FIFO when calling Canada, likely even bypassing later $5 500 Canada only add-ons. 🙄

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj    AFAIA,  you should definitely not be getting minutes deducted from the international minutes for domestic calls and yes if you have minutes remaining in your 500 minutes, those should be the ones being used after depleting your available plan minutes.  That has also been my experience, that domestic add-on is deducted first so not sure why it's not doing that for you. 

As for the rule of FIFO, I believe that only was impacting the international minutes still, since PM gave out similar gifts over the last 3 years, minutes being deducted (for international calls) weren't following any particular procedure as they were being deducted from the recent int. minutes add-ons (gifted) instead of using from the older add-ons.  At least, that's how I recall this issue  being impacted when it was discussed awhile back.

Hi @kateyyj its good to be careful.. there are usenames that look like PM staff but they are not.  Like @Moderator , @Moderator_Team1 , etc

kateyyj

I guess i was too alert to scam, lol

They're the only user names that get the extra descriptor 'customer support agent' or words to that effect next to their cs_agent username.

kateyyj

I didnot , how can I confirm he is legit, no offence to leonardo

@kateyyj wrote:

hello no thanks, you asked too many personal info.

@kateyyj - good for you for not responding HERE on the PUBLIC FORUM in response to the CS_Agent's message.

I think Leonardo meant to private message you that. 

You already messaged privately anyhow, did you receive a response to your Private Ticket Message?

kateyyj

yeah thanks, i have not, not sure he is legit or not, lol

kateyyj

hello no thanks, you asked too many personal info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj- Don't answer this here. Reply in private message. The agent should not have replied here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

My name is Leonardo and it will be my pleasure to help you today.

In order to access and secure your account, please send me the phone number and 
the 4 digit PIN.
If you forgot it please send me e-mail address, last 4 digit of your credit/debit card 
account number or last payment date

If you have any other questions , I will be at your disposal.

Kindly
Leonardo  CS Agent

kateyyj

thanks for you reply, I just wrote a message to the agent. I doubt they are going to change this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj - yeah, the addons may not be used up in the order you may wish they are being used. 

If would be very nice if you could select which addon calling 'bucket' you could pull from, but you can't. I believe it uses the FIFO (first added first used method). 

I've submitted a ticket before about this, about using one of my calling addons before another, which I was not that happy about, but it would not change. You could ask CSA about why this is pertaining to your account and addons; hopefully it could lead to a beneficial change for all of us.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.