cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have international text in my plan, but my international texts say "not delivered"

gumbaline
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there - I'm from Canada and am trying to send a text to Slovakia. The number has sent a text here, so their end works, but I've put in their country code and it says "not delivered" and that it failed to send immediately after I press send. Is there a reason for this? Am I putting in the numbers wrong? I even put in 011 before it, and it still didn't work. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gumbaline 

The correct format to text any country outside of North America would be  011 which you have it right. For Slovakia, the code would be 421.

So try  011421 + your number and see if it goes through.

You can always try downloading Whatsapp if you have not had it. It is a great app to call/chat with anyone in the world that also uses WhatsApp!

cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gumbaline it seems that you dial 011 +421 + number to call Slovakia.  See link 

https://www.howtocallabroad.com/slovakia/

Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gumbaline wrote:

Hi there - I'm from Canada and am trying to send a text to Slovakia. The number has sent a text here, so their end works, but I've put in their country code and it says "not delivered" and that it failed to send immediately after I press send. Is there a reason for this? Am I putting in the numbers wrong? I even put in 011 before it, and it still didn't work. Thank you!

@gumbaline  Did you try replying to the original text that you received from Slovakia? If no, give it a try and report back if it doesn't go through.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • 011 - US exit code; dial first for international calls made from the USA or Canada
  • 421 - Country Code for Slovakia
  • Phone Number (may not begin with 0) - 9 digits, area code included for fixed lines
Need Help? Let's chat.