cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been waiting for my SIM card for approx. 2 months

xJSx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey folks,

I made my order for my plan and SIM card on November 14th, 2023. As noted above, I have not received the order. The ChatBot is little-to-no help, and I am unable to submit a ticket because I don't have an order number. I cannot see an order number on my order verification email nor my account.

To boot, I have recently moved and cannot seem to find a way to update my address.

What do I do here? I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and am becoming very frustrated.

8 REPLIES 8

xJSx

I appreciate the response. I am opting for a refund. This is a bit too silly for me.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @xJSx 

Allow me to add to this.

It does take up to 3-4 weeks to receive a SIM card from PM. If that window has passed and to boot you've moved, not sure you'll get that one sent. As others have said here, "go to a Telus store" and pick one up. Well, allow me to correct that comment. You need to contact as in call a head of time to Cooperate Telus stores. Regular Telus stores will not carry them. Google to find out. Yes, the fee is $10 if you pick one up there. But don't worry about it. Save a copy of your invoice, and use the link that Sansan gave and you can send a private message to a CS Agent and they will gladly credit your account for the $10. Another option is if you have Amazon Prime.  $4.99 there. Once again, CS Agent will credit your account.

I know this sounds like a lot of work but I have been with PM for 5 years now and the money I've saved has been awesome. Plus having these forums here with so many knowledgeable people, has come in handy. 

Hope this sheds some light here. Don't give up just yet.

Here's the link again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also, when you message a CS Agent, you can always ask them to change your address at the same time. 

Remember, you must use the PM app to sign up. 

xJSx

When I click on my account I am stuck in the continue activation page. It is the same in the app. I cannot go anywhere in my account or edit anything. Just stuck waiting for a SIM.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I can see how this can be frustrating. 

SIM cards can take up to 3 weeks to be received.  But, I would say you should've received yours by now.  There is no tracking as they are sent regular mail, though Canada Post. Did you do mail forwarding?

Once you sign into your account, click on Profile lower left and there should be an option to update your address if needed by clicking on the pencil

I would suggest buying a new one at the Telus/Koodo store if they sell it on site and then submit a ticket to the link below for a credit of the $10.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

xJSx

I'm not sure I want the service if things are this goofy honestly. I may just look towards a refund, because this is silly.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@xJSx wrote:

I am not trying to sound rude, but I paid for one. I don't want to go and pay for another one.

I understand. But the sim card package could be lost. If you can wait then wait the package, but who knows when will come in. If I were you, I would pay another $10 to buy it and have service.

xJSx

I am not trying to sound rude, but I paid for one. I don't want to go and pay for another one.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@xJSx wrote:

Hey folks,

I made my order for my plan and SIM card on November 14th, 2023. As noted above, I have not received the order. The ChatBot is little-to-no help, and I am unable to submit a ticket because I don't have an order number. I cannot see an order number on my order verification email nor my account.

To boot, I have recently moved and cannot seem to find a way to update my address.

What do I do here? I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and am becoming very frustrated.

Go to the Telus store to buy PM sim card. Check your junk email.

Need Help? Let's chat.