cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a plan with 1G data each month, why they need me add-on?

sheva605
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My plan includes data usage 1G each month , but it seems that the 1G is for three months in total, not for each month. Why?
9 REPLIES 9

sheva605

Thank you guys for all helpful explanation. I will choose an add-on for the next two months. Well thanks for your hints especially, because me and my friend almost resign a new plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ute1978's information is correct, @sheva605 -- the data allotment has always been for the full duration of your chosen plan.  In the past, unlike the image I posted above, they used to just show the "1GB" or "4GB" (etc), without specifying the number of days.  This, unfortunately, lead to a lot of misunderstanding where people would select a 90 day plan, thinking the amount shown was per month or per 30 days, which was incorrect.  It sounds like you've fallen into this category of folks that misunderstood how the data amount works.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sheva605 Pain I know to miss that fine print.

You can get a 1GB data add-on to help tide you over, otherwise if you can't get by with just wifi, you will need to start a new plan early, but that will mean losing any money already paid. Smiley Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheva605 wrote:

One month ago, me and my wife and one of my friend signed up for the 90days period plan. At that time, I am pretty sure that the plan showed the 1g is for each month. 

The amount of data always has been for the entire plan length you choose... 10 days/30 days/90 days

I am very sorry that you misunderstood the terms of the plan and I can understand your frustration. I signed up more than a month ago and it never "showed the 1GB for each month"... Before I signed up I came to this forum with lots of information and helpful staff and members of PM and made sure how the plans and add-ons work.

sheva605

One month ago, me and my wife and one of my friend signed up for the 90days period plan. At that time, I am pretty sure that the plan showed the 1g is for each month. And when the first month ends, I have access to the 3g internet for the first two days of the second month, and then there is no more internet. So I check the website and found that they change. I feel being misleaded. 

srlawren

@sheva605 when did you pick your plan?  For a month or two now, PM has made it fairly clear that the data is per 90 days and not per 30:

Data Options.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Sorry for the misunderstanding @sheva605, but JaK is correct.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The plan data is per period, so if you signed up for 1g on a 90 day plan then it is 1g over 90 days, not 1 g per month. The plan page wasn't very clear on that before but has finally been clarified.

sheva605
This is strange, the first time I choose the plan, I think it indicates that each month I have 1G data usage. But actually that's not the case. I don't know why.
Need Help? Let's chat.