cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 phones with public mobile and cannot get into one the one ending in 8026.

Croft123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 phones with public mobile. It has taken years to get this problem fixed and I cannot believe I am still dealing with this. I have sent a message many times over the years and it still is not fixed. I have 2 numbers,  which I can get into as that is my husbands. I also have  which has given me all kinds of grief as I cannot do anything with that account because I have lost my old email address to this account . I also have purchased 2 sims cards and cannot even use the one as I cannot get in. I have tried to set up a new account with a new email and again I am left stranded. Could someone please email me so I can get this fixed . My phone now will not work as the sim card will not read at all. I cannot at this time or anytime before refer anyone to this company and I would love to as it is great outside of all of this trouble I am having. Thanks Diane 

22 REPLIES 22

If you have active service then you should still be able to log in. Then you can change your email address in there.

Croft123

Thanks so much!! I just did that now.

@Croft123  You need support help to do that 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Croft123

I have an old email address attached to one of my phones with PB. My email was hacked and I cannot get into to my other phone number to change the email address.

@Croft123   you will need to engage support to get back My Account access since you lost your access to your email (and might not be able to receive 2FA code on the phone as well with the sim card)

Please message support directly here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Croft123 @You will need support help to get into that account then 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Croft123

Hi there and thanks again for all of your help. I did try my husbands sim card and it did the same thing as mine did. I lost my old email address as it got hacked, so I cannot get into the other number I have with PB.

@Croft123  So you only need to change one SIM card possible . It might be fine . And  reuse an old email your would need supports help with that .as PM is one email once with out help of support . But first on your phone try resetting the network settings and se if that helps your original SIM card to work . If you need more help from support please

Message support directly

@Croft123  yours not working but your husband's work. Did you swap sim card and test? put our husband's sim into your phone and yours on his.  Just to confirm if it is sim or device

For losing email address for one of your number, you meant you lost the access to that mailbox (like Gmail or so) or you lost access for logging in PM's My account using that email address? Trying to see if we can help if you just lost access to PM's My Account login 

Croft123

Because my phone stopped getting signal for the last few weeks where as my husbands is fine and is the same phone bought on the same day. I bought a new phone as I thought it was the phone and I believe it is the sim. So stressed!! I also lost my email address for one of my numbers and cannot seem to get that problem fixed as I have tried over and over again for the past few years.

@Croft123  Yes same process for both accounts 

@Croft123   so, you have two phone number with PM on 2 different accounts

Why you suddently need to get 2 new sim cards for them? where are the old/existing sim card? sim cards rarely fail, why you need to chage sim card on both accounts?

Croft123

Handy1 I have been with Public Mobile for 8 years or so. Thanks so much for replying.  Okay so I have two numbers with public mobile. If I put the numbers of the new sim card into the one phone number do I have to start again for the second phone? So sorry I am so not good with this. Thank you

@Croft123  If your replacing the SIM cards 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1687118284196.png

@Croft123  Are you a new customer or trying to replace the SIM cards to your accounts 

Croft123

I just bought 2 new sim cards for the phones registered Handy1

@Croft123  You need to create 2 more accounts with different emails for the other 2 phones you have 

Add each phone number needs it’s own email and SIM 

Croft123

So after all of my troubles, I see that my phone number is on the account. I now need to know how to set up 2 new different sim cards for both of my phones please.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Croft123  first, we are just cusotmers like you and this is an open forum, you might want to remove your phone number for your protection

For the number which you hve trouble with, try this to see if PM can locate your number

dial 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone, enter 1 for English and then enter the phone number.  See if PM can locate the number.  if not, the account for that number could have been closed permanently.

if that is the case, it could be that the account has been suspended for over 90 days.  You might want to message support and have them to sort it out

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Croft123 - sounds like you have been dealing with this for a long time. 

The 2 ways to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team are below:

1 -  Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to: Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Croft123 

Part of the grief you may be experiencing is due to posting personal information online for all to see.

Others can use this information to make life difficult for you.

Please tap the downward arrow upper right in your message and edit out ALL personal information.

Otherwise, ask the Customer Support Agents for account-specific assistance:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Croft123  - This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

Please - we are NOT Public employees!  People can be fraudulent on your information if you share too much.

Need Help? Let's chat.