cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had an epiphany... re: I am adding a 3rd issue - 2 major issues with service

NT3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Friends, as I was thinking about the issues I am having I remembered I started having issues when I came back to Canada, and when I brought them to the attention to my provider in USA they mentioned my device does not work on their global network they refunded me the difference between Canada+USA plan and kept me on USA only until I switch to a local provider... so I am thinking that PM network does not support my device, I put in my name for the jackpot Samsung and when I win that should take care of all my phone issues.

Happy Canada Day to all of you wonderful people!

Hello, I definitely have problems but can't pinpoint if it's the phone or the service or both - added to the ones below, I was on a call with someone in Vancouver BC (I made the call), after they answered the communication was totally gone - couldn't hear anything, the phone was dead - but the phone icon on the top of the screen showed that the phone is sending / receiving??? signals

I do not know how to proceed. I already chatted with Public Mobile tech support but couldn't determine for a fact that the issue was resolved - they can't make calls to verify... I can't stay with reliable phone for long and may need to switch away from PM and make sure where ever I go have live tech support I can talk to. Help!!!

I have those 2 issues that are very serious:

1. callers get a message: phone unreachable -  the call was made from my bank on  a land line, and the bank is in the same city so not even long distance

2. can't answer calls coming without caller ID - I see the 3 colored boxes and I tried swiping up the green box to answer (light tap it, heavy tap) the boxes disappear and the phone keeps ringing without showing the phone dial

My phone is:

moto g(7) power
unlocked

model: moto g7 power

android version 10

I couldn't reach a live technical support person, it's important that I resolve those issues as quickly as possible because I am expecting official government calls. Thank you and have a wonderful day

18 REPLIES 18

NT3

all of the above, plus the new one... the biggest issue I am having is that PM tech support dont have tools to pinpoint cause of problem / replicate it / test resolution... I am at a loss, I have a new ticket with tech support will see how it goes. Thank you Softech for all your help

@NT3   are you still trying to solve the problem regarding the bank unable to reach you?

or the issue with can't answer call without caller id?

NT3

Hi Esjliv, thank you for providing the link - I am frustrated because when I tried the link before I had to try multiple times to get past Simon then I was given a window of half hour to be around for the Agent!!! after that when I actually connected with an Agent, they do not have any tools to replicate the issue e.g. then can't place calls to see what happens = they can have access to dumy numbers to call from, they can't pinpoint the cause of the issue: my phone, SIM or something else... I will have to try again by sending a secure message an option I couldn't get to before...thank you for your feedback have a wonderful day!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NT3 - I see you changed your original post, are you looking for customer support contact methods? There is no one to talk to, all support is online through messaging.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@NT3   The PM support reset the setting yesterday and it is working fine now?

you don't have a 2nd phone to call yourself, but you can get one  🙂  Just joking.  But serious, you can download a VoIP app , TextNow or Fongo.   VoIP app are almost like real phone.  They will assign you a phone number and you use the app to make phone calls.  You can use it as long as you have Wifi or Mobile Data.   If you use the VoIP app to call yourself, the phone should show an incoming calls or it could get to VM after couple ring.   You might want to test it out

NT3

Hi Softech, I do not have another phone to call myself or have someone call me. But I will be going To Vancouver Monday and will use the phone a lot there so hopefully everything will work out well. Now I have to deal with my allergies because all of the cottonwood seeds in the air! have a great weekend.

NT3

Hi Esjliv, the PM tech support reset the network yesterday and I restarted the phone, I always had / still have bluetooth disabled because of hackings... I do not have access to another phone so I can't test the SIM card. I will be going to Vancouver on Monday and will use the phone there a lot so I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine. Thank you so much for your help

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NT3 - Sounds device related.

Try doing a reset of your network settings on your moto g7 power:
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings. System. .
  3. Tap. Reset options. .
  4. Tap. Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. .
  5. Tap. Reset settings. . If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
  6. To confirm, tap. Reset settings. 

It would be good to test your SIM into another compatible phone, just to confirm all services work okay.

@NT3   if you test calling yourself now , or ask your friend to call you, does it go through?

NT3

My bank does not send text msgs, and US banks now send me emails instead of msg

NT3

@softech wrote:

@NT3   can you receive text from banks? just not calls?

Also, try to get a 2nd phone and test it.  Would like to confirm if it is an account issue or your phone

You joined couple months already, was it always a problem ? or just happen lately?

Hi Softech, I only noticed lately the boxes issue, and only yesterday the unreachable issue. Those types of calls come from businesses or government and they assume you are not around. It's only because I contacted my banker saying I waited for the call that they informed me of the problem... as you can see, it can be a major issue

@NT3   can you receive text from banks? just not calls?

Also, try to get a 2nd phone and test it.  Would like to confirm if it is an account issue or your phone

You joined couple months already, was it always a problem ? or just happen lately?

NT3

Hi I just started with PM a couple of months ago and did not port my phone number. I had motorola G7 unlocked from before, so just changed SIM

NT3

Hi Softech, I attempted to follow the instructions but the options to block / unblock are not visible on my phone!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check if you are blocking 'unknown callers' in your phone app.

NT3

Thank you so much for the heads up, I edited the post and removed it. Best Regards

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NT3   First , how long you joined PM?  Did you port your number when you joined

for your 2nd issue, you sure you didn't block calls from unidentified callers?  it is a setting on your Moto phone, check this:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/152148/~/block-calls-and-texts--...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NT3   first remove your IMEI number.  This is a public forum and it is dangerous to post here

Need Help? Let's chat.