cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a number ported but nothing has happened

John71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am in the process of porting a Telus number to my existing public mobile account / number.  I have answered yes to the sms message but nothing is happening and I urgently need to be using the number I ported over to public mobile.  Nobody is responding to me in my messages.  

- John

9 REPLIES 9

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@John71   A reply from an agent would go to your community inbox.  On some devices that is indicated at an envelope icon top right.  If there is no envelope icon then you would need to tap/click on your avatar to see if there are any messages indicated in the drop down.  I know some people have thought they didn't get a reply because they didn't know to look under the avatar if no envelope so just thought I'd mention that in case they might have replied there

John71

Thanks Andy,

To be clear, I am replacing my current public mobile number with another number I had from Telus so I would end up with only one number.  I am trying the reboot of phone & steps you outlined

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@John71 That happened with someone else yesterday. Customer Service will be able to help you. Hang in there, it will get resolved John!

John71

I used the link to create my third ticket now I think.  Neither of my phones can make any kind of call.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @John71,

If you have completed the confirmation text step, try turning your phone off and on again. If the transfer is still stuck, on your device, go to your Settings --> SIM card & Mobile networks to see if the Public Mobile/Telus appears. 

If your are still stuck, try contacting the porting number to for an update (which I will send you via the community inbox). 

If you have tried all this and it is still unsuccessful, please submit a ticket with our customer support team. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox to check it from time to time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@John71 

Unfortunately, if you already have an account with a number. You can’t have 2 numbers/account. You can only have 1 account & number/1 email.

Contact a CS_Agent to complete your porting. I will pm you the Porting Department number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@John71 !I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can give status update on the port or re trigger it if needed 

Yuri66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I called the PM porting team and my old carrier sent me the message again. If it is successful, you would get a message from your old carrier that you approved the transfer request and public mobile will send you a welcome message. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @John71 

can your PM sim connects to PM network? can you make outbound calls?

if you cannot make outbound calls, it is not porting but an account problem,   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But if you can make outbound and just not receive inbound calls, then first reboot your phone and check agian

if same,  wait an hour and try again (porting can take an hour after you replied YES). 

If still no inbound, then call Porting team for update.  I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.