cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a 2GB plan then after I reset my phone, it went down to 250MB

monsternangel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need an agent to fix the problem on Public mobile's side. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@monsternangel wrote:

No, I use more than 1 GB but less than 2GB the plan all the time every month, til I reset my phone n things changed. I checked the data screen all the time. It couldn't be one time thing, to give then take away, it's extremely nasty business strategy. 

Screenshot_20230411-182911~2.png

Screenshot_20230411-182657~2.png

Unfortunately, your device doesn't know which plan you have.  The 2GB indicator showin the picture doesn't  necessarily mean that you have a 2GB plan. That number can actually be set to anything that the device user wishes to change that nubmer to.I've look through this thread, and I haven't seen anything about which plan you have. Which plan did you sign up for?  As mentioned a few weeks ago, if your plan price is $15, it only includes 250MB. 

View your payment history from back then to now. How much do you pay at your renewal? I suspect you'll see a $10 line and $5 line.

There's no $5 512MB add-on either.

I think you need to take better control of your data usage. Turn off OS and app updates over cell. Make it just wifi. Turn off background data usages in apps.

monsternangel

Definitely not, I had no problem to go over 1GB all the time til recently. From last year 2022, black Friday or Christmas. 

monsternangel

Hi, sorry, I had miss your msg. Definitely I had no problem to go over 512 MB because I had a 2GB plan. It's happening in a sudden recently that I have no change any way that how I use my data but usage use up so quick. I also added a extra 512MB for $5 after couple days I post my msg and then it used it again so quick, three days ago. It definitely doesn't seem right. Looking forward for your help, thanks.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Don't rely on the data counter on your phone, login to your PM account in Incognito Mode. My assumption is that you're on the $15 plan which has always had 250MB of data; the 2GB was likely holiday bonuses, possibly stacked from multiple years.

monsternangel

Thanks for the link. I hope I can finally get to an agent to deal with the issue.

monsternangel

No, I use more than 1 GB but less than 2GB the plan all the time every month, til I reset my phone n things changed. I checked the data screen all the time. It couldn't be one time thing, to give then take away, it's extremely nasty business strategy. 

Screenshot_20230411-182911~2.png

Screenshot_20230411-182657~2.png

Hi @monsternangel the 2GB promotion you mentioned probably is the Christmas bonus.  It is a one time add-on bonus, not monthly 

monsternangel

It was definitely 2 GB data after 2 years within public mobile they gave me from the black Friday/xmas promotion. My data usage screen on my cell shows 2 GB but it stop at 250 MB now, n yes, I log in to my public mobile account n saw 250MB use up, but that's not right. Suppose be 2 GB.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@monsternangel 

If you are on the $15 plan with 250mb plus the More is Merrier promo with 2gb of data and 500 minutes of LD calling…you may have used it up.

Just login to your account and check your data usage.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@monsternangel what plan do you have ?  $15 plan?  $15 plan only comes with 250mb.  Maybe the 2GB just an add-on bonus?

Login to My account using Incognito/Private/See secret mode and see if you see any 2GB add-on

Also, after you reset the phone, maybe you used some data for app download and is update??

if you really need agent to confirm what you had before, submit ticket at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

First confirm your actual usage:

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Data cannot just disappear after resetting phone unless phone did massive download after reset...

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

contact an agent to help you

Need Help? Let's chat.