cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get so excited!!!! So I gets me spinach out for a treat.

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I see I have had a solution. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 12.39.53 PM.png

But some one else got it!!!

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 12.40.10 PM.png

Looks like there is a glitch in erroneously showing the "accepted solution".  

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Olive_Oyl 

I get that same notification numerous times a day for every thread I have posted in that @Luddite chooses a solution. Then in my notification feed it just says he has chosen a solution rather than he has chosen my solution (unless he has).

I can guarantee you that had the solution been reassigned you would have 2 solution badges right now rather than one. Oracles can take away solutions they cannot take away badges.

Olive_Oyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@maximum_gato 

Not according to the pic in the OP. 

@Olive_Oyl 

@Luddite awards deserving solutions to those OP's who have neglected to award them.   It's not ideal (as the OP should really be designating them once they've received the answer which best addressed their post), however it is the role of Oracle @Luddite  to keep these items up to date and award worthy solutions where they were not selected in a timely manner.

Are there times when solutions may be 'reassigned'?   Sure - it's all about fairness and quality and accuracy of Community.

Indeed, even members who post questions may mark a solution as accepted, then afterwards mark it as "not the solution", and reassign it to another post which may better address their concern.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Pop_Eye @Olive_Oyl 

There is only one solution and one solution badge in @Pop_Eye 's account so you never recieved the solution in the first place.

Olive_Oyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So what you are saying is, a solution has been chosen. 

The member sees the message. 

Then the solution is reassigned. 

And there is no reversal of solution accepted, that the member will see?

And I only see this from @Luddite 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

I don't think an apology is needed....you awarded a self solution. I don't think the OP ever recieved a solution just the glitchy solution notification.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Pop_Eye  Sorry about that. My finger is too fat and sometimes accidentally hits Solution too quickly or in error. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Pop_Eye , the same thing has happened to me several times! I get excited to! I even receive emails telling me along with notifications on here, then I come back & they disappear! It tells me who gave them to me each time but no explanation as to why they’re getting taken away when it happens or by who! It’s very odd! Give me something then take it away! 🤔 😬 I have also seen many solutions given that are no where near a solution! 🤣 It is what it is!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It’s definitely confusing @Pop_Eye 

It’ll say this when it’s really yours:

Your reply got accepted as solution Re: Unable to update my first name in Account Info...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Pop_Eye 

Sorry about the confusion.

The oracles do review the posts about one week after the original posting. A solution is assigned if not done by the OP.  It is a judgement call at times and sometimes the solution is re-assigned after new information is provided.  

Need Help? Let's chat.