cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don’t understand why I have to be going through this for my own sim I can’t do nothing

Clivekidd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change my plan but I can’t I want to buy a add on and I can’t because someone buy this sim for me how can I change the email and put on my add on 

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 

We all know that the stores are supposed to do (or not do) certain things. But they are done (or not done) anyhow. Because it's faster and more convenient, because some customers really do need help and it's too much hardship for them to do it for themselves. Small but necessary violations of rules, nobody mentions them because they aren't problems.

And there's always some retailers who exploit the referral system, install themselves as middlemen, etc - which they're obviously not supposed to do.

But whatever happened, it seems like this person didn't set up his/her own Self-Serve - and is now locked out of Self-Serve because somebody else did the setup instead. Public Mobile might or might not be able to fix this - it largely depends on what information was submitted on file. But the person who caused the problem certainly can login to this Self-Serve and so can certainly correct the problem.

@Korth wrote:

@Clivekidd 

Go back to the store or person who set up the account for you the first time. And make sure you (you) can login to your account before you leave.

You should always be able to login to your Self-Serve account.

Nobody else should ever be able to login to your Self-Serve account.

You can change your plan or buy add-ons from Self-Serve.

You can also change your password, secret question, PIN, etc.

Stores don't set up the self serve account. For in-store activations, customers are to this themselves after the arrive home. I also would not bother going back to the store. Stores are not points of custoemr service/customer support. This customer should be contacting the moderators here online.

As for the self serve account, there is no way to change the account PIN from there.

@Clivekidd 

Go back to the store or person who set up the account for you the first time. And make sure you (you) can login to your account before you leave.

You should always be able to login to your Self-Serve account.

Nobody else should ever be able to login to your Self-Serve account.

You can change your plan or buy add-ons from Self-Serve.

You can also change your password, secret question, PIN, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clivekidd wrote:

I want to change my plan but I can’t I want to buy a add on and I can’t because someone buy this sim for me how can I change the email and put on my add on 

Did that someone activate the SIM for you using their own email address?

Who's paying for the service?

If you have the account PIN that would have been created and would have been texted to your phone number then you can use the 611 service to add money via voucher or pre-registered payment card and then buy add-ons.

Changing plans requires logging in to the self-serve. If you have access to the email that was used at activation then you can use the Forgot your password? link and have it send you the password reset email.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Clivekidd  Did you purchase the sim from a retail location or somewhere else?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Clivekidd contact customer support mods here

type "locked out of self serve"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.