Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just me again.  I went to my rewards and they are still on the old system, phew.  But what is weird is that I go to my rewards and it says ! Oops, something went wrong.  This page is currently unavailable or down for maintenance. Return.  I click on the underlined Return and then my rewards come up!  Very weird!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out.  We’ve been alerted that an email was accidentally deployed to some customers in error. If you received an email confirming that you’ve joined our new Rewards program Public Points, please disregard it. 

We can confirm that joining Public Points is completely optional for all existing customers, and you have not been switched over to Public Points automatically. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Public Mobile Team. 🙂

timchoy711
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to do it? I think I am sending a private message to Customer Service already. Let me know. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timchoy711 : I'm finding this hard to believe without proof. The access and viewing of the rewards system has changed. Log in to your self-serve and click on Access Rewards. This will not affect what you have. Then log in again using the same credentials as your self-serve. This will not affect what you have. You will now see the new display of the rewards system. Don't click on the bottom Join button.

Greg45

#NotAllHeroesWearCapes

Thanks for all you do 😼

pomlady

I am getting lots and lots of emails this morning because of this.  My email box must have had around 20+, hope everything just stays the same.  Happy with it the way it is!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @timchoy711,

Feel free to log a ticket or send us a private message and we will take a look at your situation!

Waiting for your message!

Public Mobile Team. 🙂

timchoy711

Public Mobile Team,

I am not referring to the email. My account has actually been CHANGED by you without my consent to the new program. Please revert back to my old program ASAP. Thanks.

Tim

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.  We’ve been alerted that an email was accidentally deployed to some customers in error. If you received an email confirming that you’ve joined our new Rewards program Public Points, please disregard it. 

We can confirm that joining Public Points is completely optional for all existing customers, and you have not been switched over to Public Points automatically. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Public Mobile Team. 🙂

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@girv64   This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. You have not been switched to the new Public Points system. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@girv64 

You can ignore the email, it was sent in error. The new points program hasn't even launched yet, and once it does, it will be opt-in.

Whatever PM is planning, for now all it's doing is creating mass hysteria...

girv64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received an email regarding the new Rewards Program and it says you can opt in if you would like or keep what you have.  I want to keep what I had, but it switched me automatically and I never opted into the new program.  Why?? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

Public Mobile Team. 🙂

Ali2019

@Anonymous thanks for your explanation, very helpful!

cappaj

Thanks! So - My Rewards is the new home for all rewards (both the old system and the new points system), and clicking through and logging in will not activate the new points system?

I think I have that right! Just want to make sure I understand correctly. If that is the case, I'd suggest Public Mobile updates the self-serve home page with a message in the My Rewards section explaining that more explicitly (I think that may be the confusion that previous posts are seeing?).

EDIT: Just a side note that my confusion/uncertainty was probably also due to receiving the "thank you for switching" email after the correction email went out yesterday (the correction email only referred to "an earlier email"), so I was unsure if it was still in error, or if I had been switched. Then I logged into my account for the first time in months and couldn't see my rewards anymore, so that left me worried. But if it works as I described above, then I understand now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cappaj : You have not been changed. That is a link to the new method of viewing your rewards. Click on it and you'll get another login. Login with your self-serve credentials and you'll see the new rewards method. You don't have to do anything in here and especially you don't have to click Join now. Your rewards all stay the same. It will earn and payout the same.

Edit:  @Ali2019 : I'm not sure what you mean by apply. Previously, the rewards applied at renewal. They will continue to do so. Nothing has changed. Until you click on Join now...so don't unless you want to.

Edit again: @iqbalsidat : Your rewards are as they were. It's just a new method of viewing them. Log in using your self-serve credentials. Don't click Join now at the bottom if you don't want to join the new system.

cappaj

Like others, I saw the email and the pinned post above explaining that a notification email was sent in error and that customers will not be switched to the new Points if they don't want to. However, when I log into my account, there's no visible record of my existing rewards (Loyalty, Auto Pay, and Referrals). Instead, that space is taken up with this:

Screenshot 2022-01-25 110448.png

... and I do not want to click through to activate My Rewards to see if they're listed there (I don't know if that will then opt me into the new program!). 

Anyways, it's not clear for people who haven't opted in and don't want to opt in whether a) we've still been opted in anyways, and b) how to see our existing rewards.

Ali2019

Hello All, I looked at my account, the rewards are moved to a separate page now, does anybody know how to apply the rewards? before was applied/credited to my account automatically. What now? I don't see any option yet and the due date is approaching.....anybody in the same boat?

iqbalsidat

Hello, 

I don't want to join to the new points reward.I can see all my old rewards gone. I didn't join this new reward progrma. Don't understand why they took away my old rewards. I am not interested to this new rewards program. Old one was better.

Thanks 

timchoy711

It is not the email that I am worried about. When I log in my account, it has been CHANGED without my consent to the rewards program! That is what I am worried about.

HI @timchoy711 ,  as the first message is this thread mentions, the email was only sent out by mistakes.  NO ONE has changed to the new reward system and you don't have to worry about it.  Please ignore the email

@dishguy 

All your rewards are now in your separate rewards account. You can access it from self serve or use the link below.

https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards

@CRKNB 

That email was sent to many customers in error. Your rewards are safe.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

timchoy711

Public Mobile Team,

Based on your message you told us that you will not switch our plan automatically and this is completely voluntary. However, I just notice that mine is switched without my consent. How can I be put back to my original plan??

Tim

timchoy711

I have the same problem and I do not want to change. What can I do to switch back to the original program? They said it is voluntary!! Why do they switch it without our consent??

dishguy

I received it as well… went to my account all my loyalty credits and refer a friend credits are gone!! And I never enrolled!! 5 points per dollar spent will never equal what I was saving per month

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CRKNB  It was sent in error. You can ignore it.

CRKNB

New Rewards program. I read the information but did not intend to switch. I received an email saying that I have switched. What can I do to get back to how I was?

WH2

I just checked a new log on to rewards and they have not changed.  Thanks

WH2

I just checked my account and my rewards have changed I did not want this to happen how to go back to the original program

@alfie01201 

The email was sent in error. You have the choice to opt in to the new points program in your new rewards account. Check it out and compare the two programs.

https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.