I did have this question

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

As I am on the Old GF 90 day $150 plan 

Currently my rewards are as follows:

$15 for Loyalty

$6 for Auto-Pay 

$3 for Referral of a friend

Will I get less, same or a tiny bit more if Crossing the Aisle to the Dark Points of the Plan?

Better to make an Educated Choice than an Uneducated one 

To Point 

Or 

Not to Point 

That's what will preoccupy our Brains trust, But, Hamlet couldn't answer the Phone.

14 REPLIES 14

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

If simply equating points to dollars, then the old system wins hands down.  The wildcard is the prizes offered with the points system.  

While I'm aware that Public Mobile's decisision has already been made, I am strongly opposed to "Jackpot". I see this as customers waisting their points. Gambling is a losing game.  

I do agree that lotteries are a tax.  It is not something for you and I.  Given the long lineups at the lottery terminals the new point system might a game changer for many others.  Remember this is a marketing campaign and in that regard it is a potential bullseye.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

Contest entries are only 1 point. What's a buck if ts a prize you really want. Your chances of winning are pretty high comparitively with the first contests run in the points program given the low amount of customers at the beginning of the points program. Maybe @computergeek541 is just bummed out that he can't enter! 🤔

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 @But some people will win. And if you are one of the lucky ones them why not.  And honestly there are some members that have more rewards (referrals) than they could ever use just gathering as available funds with no way to use it, it's not as if you can cash out .  Why not waste some points on  winning a cpo iPhone.  Odd must be better than the lottery.

iPhone was just an example no idea what the draws could be.

@will13am wrote:

If simply equating points to dollars, then the old system wins hands down.  The wildcard is the prizes offered with the points system.  

While I'm aware that Public Mobile's decisision has already been made, I am strongly opposed to "Jackpot". I see this as customers waisting their points. Gambling is a losing game.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

Lol....then you will have members activating a "contest/prize" account to compliment their data account and main account.🤔🎁🏆🎖

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

Loyalty is capped at $5/month or $60 per year in the $$ rewards program. 10 years×$60=$600

Loyalty is capped at 10 points per full year in the points program. 10 years×10 points=100 points

Rewards: 10 years=$600 vs Points : 10 years=$100

The issue, Loyalty rewards, is it capped at 5 yrs max?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

The easy answer....stick with the old. But for the math and to make it easy if you were to switch on your 7th anniversary with public mobile you will recieve:

5 point welcome bonus+84 points for a loyalty bonus=89 points($89 value) after 1 year you will recieve 10 points by your 10th anniversary you will have recieved 30 total points.

If you don't redeem any of your points and pay the full $150 90 day plan cost you will recieve 7.5 points as your autopay bonus. After 1 year that will equal 30 points on your 10th anniversary=90 points total.

You will recieve 3 points every 90 days for your friend referral. After 1 year=12 points and on your 10th anniversary=36 points

After one year you will have : 5+84+10+30+12=141 points=$141 (52 points per year)

On your 10th anniversary by switching you will have : 5+84+30+90+36=245 points=$245/$233**

With the rewards program you will recieve:

Per year: friend referrals=$12 + Autopay=$24 + Loyalty=$60=$96 10th anniversary=$288

By staying with the $$ rewards you be $43 ahead and recieve $44 more per year in rewards and not lose 5% in autopay points by redeeming points whereas by redeeming your points against your plan cost you will lose about 12** points putting your 10th anniversary points total earned down to 233**points. On your 20th anniversary you will have earned $440 more in $$ rewards than in points value.

Edit: $960 vs $520 after the second 10 years.

I would stick with the easy answer.

Well @mimmo, the thing, My Loyalty rewards is at $15, since I have had the plan for over 5 yrs, I am not sure if the cap was 5 yrs tops

I do hope the Points system offers more than shine and mirrors

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28  to be honest I believe sticking to the current rewards is better. The biggest difference cones from loyalty. With points you get 10 points ,(10$) / year only while with rewards you get  up to 60/ year based on 5 years.

@esjliv wrote:

@makkahn28  - perhaps give it a few days (or WEEKS) to see how others roll out under the new system, then make your judgement call. Perhaps some other things may 'come to light' in the early stages.

Why be the guinea pig? 😉

I do wonder, if the Points will lead to Greater heights of Prosperity? 

Plus, the Nifty other perks, I still think that it maybe worth it, Provided PM Pointed out the key points, and The very Point of the Matter 

Now, Least someone mentioned Potter Harry, 10 Points from Slytherin for Snapeing around the Castle with Lord Voldemins

Well, sometimes a bit of Cowboy Diplomacy can be key to wise Logical decision-making

Guinea-Up

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28  - perhaps give it a few days (or WEEKS) to see how others roll out under the new system, then make your judgement call. Perhaps some other things may 'come to light' in the early stages.

Why be the guinea pig? 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.