cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed over to public

Vanessapp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got new number. I cannot answer my calls.  But i can phone out. Started with publicmobile yesterday 

8 REPLIES 8

@Vanessapp wrote:

I had a chatr sim in this  phone before, no issues. Ill restart phone

Hi @Vanessapp ,

Did restarting get you up and running?

You may can also try one or more of the below:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Since you are coming from Chatr...did you port that number over?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

If still having issue, try your SIM in another phone, if possible as @gblackma posted.

If still an issue after that see @BeachNBeer post with the link to contact the moderators.

Hopefully, this gets working for you!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Vanessapp wrote:

Got new number. I cannot answer my calls.  But i can phone out. Started with publicmobile yesterday 

Hi @Vanessapp you have the same problem as user @SB4 thread "Can not answer Phone call."  The Solution chosen was from @payammasjedi .. might help to take a look if you haven't solved your problem. 

Welcome to PM and the Community.  Cheers!  👋

Vanessapp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a chatr sim in this  phone before, no issues. Ill restart phone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vanessapp wrote:

If your phone rings and cannot hear the caller or the caller cannot hear you, restart your phone and try again.

If you call go to your voicemail or your old SIM receive your incoming calls, your number port may be stuck since yesterday.  

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "port request failed" Use this magic phrase to get SIMon to create a support ticket quickly.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

While you are waiting for moderator to work on your issue, you can continue to use your old SIM card until it stop working which is the indication that your number was released by your old provider to PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vanessapp wrote:

Got new number. I cannot answer my calls.  But i can phone out. Started with public mobile yesterday 

Doesn't appear to be a porting issue

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Vanessapp  try switching your sim into another phone to determine whether its the phone or to the SIM. If its the phone try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

If its the sim, it maynot have provisioned properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you port a number over or it's a brand new number?

Does everything else work?

If you ported your port might be stuck. If it's a new number your account might not be provisioned correctly.

Either way you have to speak to moderators. Open a ticket with the chat bot by clicking the question mark on bottom right ?. Or send a private message to them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vanessapp wrote:

@Vanessapp  What happens to incoming calls do they go to voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.