Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get into my account to update my new credit card number

carmen53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

in order to update my cr

22 REPLIES 22

@pet5cha , you cannot re-regoster a new email address with an phone number already tied to a self-serve account 

Asking PM Support to change the email address is the only way in this case

pet5cha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How about try to re-register with your valid email with Public Mobile ? You may need the SIM IMEI number. Good luck.

@carmen53 wrote:

My email address is incorrect but i need it for EVERYTHING on this stupid site. how do i fix it since it wont let me change it.

My visa expiry date needs updating. cant get into my account.

@carmen53   if you know the login "email address' and password, even the email address was wrong, you can still login.  So, if you know the "wrong" email address , login name, then login and update the credit card

But of course, you want to reset it to the proper one, or you don't know the "wrong" email address, then you have to open ticket with PM Support

FYI, YES, I have received help here before. 😃 @carmen53 

@carmen53 wrote:

cant do any of that til i get into my account

@carmen53   you tried to use Forgot Password link there and failed?

did you open at ticket with PM and have them to help to reset the password?

carmen53

cant do any of that til i get into my account

@carmen53 

So who activate your SIM? A PM retailer or you?

Did you record the email address and Password when you activated the SIM?

The PM security is to prevent fraudulent SIM swapping on this online carrier service.

If you can’t access your account, everything must go through the CS_Agent to confirm authenticity of the member.  

@carmen53  - if you know the email you registered your account under, you can still sign into it if you also know your password.

Once in self serve, go to the Payment TAB and see the bottom left corner to update/replace your card.

esjliv_0-1656020322187.png

But changing the email to your self serve account can only be done with CSA..see @MrSpock post to submit a ticket to them to correct it.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carmen53 all help here is online 

you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

carmen53

I have tried changing my password, changing my email address EVERYTHING. I have been at this all day. I go walk the dog and come back and start again. All I want is access to my ACCOUNT to i can update my expiry date on my visa card so my phone doesn't go dead in a couple of days.

carmen53

bin there done that

carmen53

My email address is incorrect but i need it for EVERYTHING on this stupid site. how do i fix it since it wont let me change it.

My visa expiry date needs updating. cant get into my account. 

edited by computergeek541: removed inappropriate language/terms of service

MrSpock

@BEER They only help with activations and there not much help with that ,  they send people here

@carmen53 

We are here to help. Did you enter your email and click Forgot Password?

If you entered the wrong password then you will need to wait 1/2 hour and try again.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In order to get a live person try this -----> go to plans -----select plan --(https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans)---then at the bottom right hand you will see Thinking of joining Public Mobile?Chat Now

There is...just pose your question here and we can either solve it for you or direct you to a better resource.

Give us a try....we're waiting !!

MrSpock

Wait an hour if password doesn’t work you can contact  a cs agent they will help reset your account and help with cc  Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@carmen53 

The website is finicky at times.  Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  You could also remove the original credit card number.  Then replace with new credit card information.  (instead of update).  

Also, make sure that the billing address exactly matches your credit card company's billing address on file.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you try forgotten password link?

If it does not work, contact agent for assistance.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@carmen53  how many times you tried and failed, it too many times, it could triggered a fraud lock

Just to confirm, did you go to Payment Tab and click Manage my card and then select Replace this credit card?

Use that instead of delete card and re-add it back, it works better

If you still cannot add the new card there, open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

carmen53

There must be SOME way to get help with this company??????

Need Help? Let's chat.