cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot update credit card via the website. It seems incredibly complicated!

balitan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

balitan

Hello Again.  It occurred to me that my renewed credit card might not have been activated even though other online payments went through, as well as other online updates.  So I activated it online, and tried again at Public mobile, and this time the update went through.  Therefore, an Item to add to Mr.  Dunkman's checklist - Has the card been properly activated.  A common issue with computer programs is general rather than specific error messages that might clue the user in to the problem.  Thanks all, again!

balitan

Thanks for your responses.  The credit card on the system still shows the old expiry date of end January.  However the payment for February 8 went through.  Guess I'll have to wait till next month to know for sure what the current situation is.

Cade

Agreed. It's also the slowest site I've been on for a mobile carrier and the user interface seems a decade old.  It shouldnt take 5 hrs to try and get it updated, then take another hour to find the submit a ticket button, and then be told to wait and find the answer in the community. Why not righg in the dialog box? 

Arc_20

You can login then go to payments then manage subscriptions then manage payment method.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@balitan 

Actually customer service agent supposedly aren't able to change credit card information.  CSA able to remove credit card information, but unable to change.  What issues are you having? 

Here is some more troubleshooting advice from Public mobile:

If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

The website is also finicky.  You might want to try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different device.  

If need service right away (ie. suspended account), you can purchase a payment voucher from a store (ie. Shoppers, Canadian Tire, Shell gas) and load up via self service or dialing 611.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @balitan 

There have been issues lately trying to update credit cards. Please reach out to a CS Agent to help you with it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Their reply will be in the top right corner of the page.

Need Help? Let's chat.