cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot connect

Mike_camp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried to port my number, however Rogers cut me off during the porting but now public mobile wants to verify that phone number by text but I cannot receive texts only emails. Rogers will not re-activate my account to do so.

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_camp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was getting the never ending screen that some talk about where you get stuck on full access # part. I forgot they sent me a welcome email with a QR code and I scanned that and it worked! thank you all!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mike_camp   Are you sure the number didn't transfer?  Is the text from Public Mobile the 2FA to log in to your account?  Did you get a port authorization request text from Rogers while your Rogers sim was still in the phone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mike_camp 

having an active account is a requirement for porting for all carriers, it is not a rule set by PM but by agreed by all carriers

You need to talk to Rogers to resume your account.  If you are on postpaid plan, they can resume your service, charge you a month but refund back 29 days after the number is ported on day 1  (So, you are just paying one day out of it).  Please talk to Roges.  Once you set with Rogers, call PM porting team back and ask them to re-trigger the porting process (i will send you the porting team number just in case you don't have)

Add: can you make outgoing calls with your PM sim?  if not, there are other issues other than porting

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Mike_camp 

I hate to say it but... you may have to pay Rogers to reactivate the phone just so you can port.

Need Help? Let's chat.