cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot connect to wifi as my IP address is unavailable.

Paulad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

13 REPLIES 13

@popping wrote:

@Paulad 

If your router is configure to use WPA, change it to WPA2.

That one's a no-brainer anyway..... not only is WPA2 apparently also vulnerable, it's supposedly miles better than WPA.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paulad 

If your router is configure to use WPA, change it to WPA2.

popping

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Paulad 

Is your router configure to filter out MAC address? i.e. only allows device with the pre-defined MAC addresses to use your wifi.

Are you running WiFi manager app such as Wi-Fi Privacy Police on your phone?

NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION=1

Google NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION for more info.

I suggest you do as popping said, i.e. Google it - there's LOTS of info about that problem, including some videos.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Any chance your phone is a recent acquisition, and the router has been configured to allow a certain number of devices to connect, i.e., for instance, the household had 5 devices to connect, so whomever configured the router set it for 5, and then you got a phone and can't connect, because that would be device #6?

There's also a possibility that the router has a security protocol in use that your phone doesn't use, i.e. maybe your phone is old???

Lots of possibilities, and not enough information.....

popping

@popping wrote:

@Paulad 

Is your router configure to filter out MAC address? i.e. only allows device with the pre-defined MAC addresses to use your wifi.

Are you running WiFi manager app such as Wi-Fi Privacy Police on your phone?

NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION=1

Google NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION for more info.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried doing a forget network on your phone with the WiFi ssid that you're having issues with?

Paulad

I don't know...I will have to check

popping

@Paulad 

Paulad

Ok, but that is not happening for me.

Paulad

I have restarted the router several times, everything else in my house connects and has wifi but my phone. I have attached a pic of what my phone is saying when it won't connect.Screenshot_20191222-115738.png

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PauladIf you can't connect to your wifi, have you tried restarting your router/model/phone? Your post is blank, its only the subject.

This really has nothing to do with public mobile, but maybe we can help you. Can you give some more details of what hardware you have, and what is currently on the network (what service provider, what router, other computers, tablets, etc) and their status? What is the exact error you are getting and from where?

popping

You don't get the IP address until you sign in to your wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.