cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

! I cannot cancel my account !

Nags
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just want to cancel my account this online services are inadequate. I can't login to my account, I can't even create a account, and this means I can't cancel my account. Can someone please help me?

11 REPLIES 11

@Nags 

Public mobile is prepaid service. If autopay is not set up and you do not have a balance in your account ( if you used a referral code then there would be a $10 credit) that would cover your plan amount then your renewal will fail and your account will suspend for non payment. 90 days later your account will be cancelled and deactivated. You cannot be charged without a credit card on file registered for autopay. If you dont prepay for service you won't recieve any from pm.

However if you activated in December you would had recieved the holiday gifts of 500 international long distance calling minutes and 2gb data add on. You may want to pass the sim card to a friend or family member to use....they could add a payment with a pm voucher via 611 to reactivate some time in the next 90 days and enjoy the gifts and maybe call you wherever you are visiting home from?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nags 

If you just purchased a PM SIM and not created an account. Go on your browser in incognito then create your account.

If you had LD create the account for you then just login to your account using your 4 digit PIN while creating an account at LD.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nags wrote:

I just want to cancel my account this online services are inadequate. I can't login to my account, I can't even create a account, and this means I can't cancel my account. Can someone please help me?

That's fine @Nags , Public Mobile services are not for everyone, however you should consider this before 'canceling'.

Will you be porting (transferring or moving) your Public Mobile number to another carrier - if so, DO NOT, cancel the Public Mobile account as you'll lose the number and be unable to move it.  (EDIT:  strikethrough prior sentence - i see now you're no longer needing service)

If you're NOT moving the number, since you've already paid for the current cycle you're on, just stick it out and make sure you port out to another provider a few days before the current cycle ends.  This way, at least you're not throwing away the monies paid for the current cycle (which is not refundable).

seanritchie97

Make sure your auto pay is turned off if it is on and after a few months of inactivity, your plan should be disabled. 

Nags

I am visiting home for the holidays and now going home, and I just needed to use the phone for a month. I got the SIM card from London Drugs, and I didn't setup an account at the time.  And I was told I should cancel the account if I don't want to get charged when I leave. 

I tried to create one now, but I am not receiving any text messages. 

I dialed 611, and seems like I there isn't Auto-Pay setup. But I would like to get confirmation that I will not get charged. Also, I would just like to close my account. 

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@Nags  If you know your 4 digit PIN, call 611 and turn off autopay. Nothing else required. Your number & SIM will be completely disabled 90 days after your current 30 days expire. 

Originally I thought they could just remove payment as well but when I saw that they couldn't access their account I edited my post, nice to know that trick is another way of doing it, I feel silly I didn't think of that one.

@Nags  If you know your 4 digit PIN, call 611 and turn off autopay. Nothing else required. Your number & SIM will be completely disabled 90 days after your current 30 days expire. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When you joined did you do it at a retail location?  So you have never been able to log into your self-serve account?  A way to close your account is to port out your number but you will need your account number to do that.  Without access to yourself serve you should contact the CSA's through the chatbot by clicking on the chat bubble in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nags 

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

if you have a account with public mobile and you need to Transfer to another carrier, you need your account with public mobile be Active,

and Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

but if no need your old number just remove your Autopay from your account by call *611 with your account 4 digit pin,

or if you can't log in  close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

and try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

check your email spam,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nags wrote:

@Nags - call 611 to remove Autopay, then either - 

1-port your number to another  provider, OR

2-let the phone suspended in non-pay status for 90 days

Both these actions above will close your account and make you lose access to your Self Serve.

If you want to ensure your credit card is removed by a representative, contact CSA by either these 2 methods found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But, what do you mean you cannot create an account?

Did you go here? 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Do you have any services whatsoever?

When did you activate?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Edit: Contact CSR Team as others below have said

Need Help? Let's chat.