cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t transfer an eSIm

Stopit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t transfer an eSIM to a new phone. Apparently I need to buy a new eSIM, besides being an absurd money grab. They is no way for an existing account to buy an eSIM.

it only gives me options to change my plan to a more expensive plan 

I tried to contact support and the support site is just an error message

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Stopit 

yes, you need to use the app to buy new esim

download and install the app on the new phone. Login and select Subscription & addon and click Shop Sim card button and select esim to buy

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Stopit 

Hello! Yes unfortunately ESIM’s are not transferable from one device to another. If you want to use an E-SIM on your new device you must purchase one using the app on the device (go to subscription and add-on’s and then hit shop SIM card now) and have it added through direct download within the app or add it to the device using the QR code. You could purchase a physical sim from Amazon, a local telus location, or directly off of the PM website and then add it to your profile. This would give you the freedom to change the SIM between devices without any further charges. 

If you wish to contact support you can do so.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Stopit  yes it’s $ grab , but Yes you can on the new phone log into the app and go to subscriptions add on page notice shop sim at the bottom select it and choose eSIM download and install it and your done 

Handy1_0-1695514761902.png

Need Help? Let's chat.