cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sign in

Carterb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't sign into my account - because Public is texting the verification code to the number that they screwed up the port for. I reached out for support. They then told me a completely different phone number and stopped replying. 

So am I screwed? Or does anyone know a solution cause I can't even log in to cancel (I'm on day 2) already worse than Fido which is unreal.

@CS_Agent

9 REPLIES 9

Carterb

Thanks for the help!

Carterb

Need to re-activate the sim, then follow prompts from old provider to issue the port. Insanely stupid process as during sign up they make you activate the e-sim and disable the old one.

@Carterb 

if you just disable your old sim (i assume from old provider?) , as long as it was just disable and not deleted, you can turn it back on and the old eSIM will work again

if your issue is about porting, you can also reach out to your old provider and ask them to accept your verbal approval with the port, then you won't need your old eSIM any more

Carterb

Alright. If Public screws up your port and then locks you out of an account by sending the verification code repeatedly to that number during your sign up, I have a solution. 

Disable the e-sim they made you turn on, and then go to your old access, that's where all of the verification codes are being sent to. 

Good luck.

@Carterb you already talking to support, right?  if so, you need to continue working with them on a resolution.

Carterb

I do not get this prompt.

Carterb

Thanks for reaching out.

I just tried resetting of the password and it STILL prompts me with full verification and sends the # a verification code and won't let me bypass it. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Meow_0-1698525267855.png

Meow_1-1698525273237.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carterb 

sound like you have been talking to support already.  If support cannot help, we cannot do much.  Ask them to escalate and provide them more info and ask them to check with you in other validation questions

And if it is a 2FA code you cannot receive via sms, maybe try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.