cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send emails with my Motorola Moto E4

Nothappy123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't send out emails with my phone. I have no other way of getting pictures off the phone that I know of. It used to work. I maybe hit a wrong setting somewhere or something or my service changed? Any help would be appreciated.

If someone knows some way to pictures of an E4 that would be great too.

63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Got it! Downloaded about 500 pictures and videos in just a few minutes. You have to use the charging cord as a USB adaptor and then pull down the top menu on the phone, search the drop down for "usb charging this device" and tap for options. Choose "transfer files" and tap it. Then go to Windows Explorer and find the phone icon, left click it and chose "import pictures and videos." from the little pop up. A little window opens and asks you for a name for the folder. It will then download all the pictures and videos on the phone into the library. Mine went into "My pictures"

Sweet!

@Nothappy123 

finally you did, glad to hear that.

Good Luck...

@Nothappy123   Yes, that is the way to go!!

now,  your next project is to share your 500+ pictures with us   🤣

Nothappy123

Got it! Downloaded about 500 pictures and videos in just a few minutes. You have to use the charging cord as a USB adaptor and then pull down the top menu on the phone, search the drop down for "usb charging this device" and tap for options. Choose "transfer files" and tap it. Then go to Windows Explorer and find the phone icon, left click it and chose "import pictures and videos." from the little pop up. A little window opens and asks you for a name for the folder. It will then download all the pictures and videos on the phone into the library. Mine went into "My pictures"

Sweet!

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I can view the files on the phone at will. I'd just like a convenient way to get them off the phone and into my computer. Emailing a few at a time will be slow. There are about 500 images.

@Nothappy123   THE easiest way is just use a cable to connect to the computer.  Once connected, if you see the phone icon on the computer, go back to your phone, unlock it, it might have a pop up asking you what to do with it, just charging or open for computer browsing , you just need to pick the right option.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-212964/

the key part is here:

hTideGnow_0-1633645700539.png

Honest, buying those OTA usb is good but overkill for your task

I suggest you ask a friend for help on this, probably you can do it quick without spending unnecessary money

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : My 2013 BB connected fine to my 2009 laptop with W7 at the time.

But I guess as always YMMV.

@Anonymous   W7?...just to clarify exactly when did you do the transfer (how long ago) as I should also clarify that I have in the past (perhaps 3/+ years ago), also had no difficulty transferring from the Moto E to desktop, although not sure which operating system was installed then, though I'm pretty sure it was newer than W7...  That's why I was surprised that I was unable to do it again.   Since I found a workaround, I didn't bother researching into the reasons further and just assumed it might be due to the device being older, but perhaps that's not the case...

Edit:   So decided to take a couple of photos and retry the transfer again on the Moto E and this time there was no issue...not sure why I couldn't before as I followed the same procedure...strange!  At least now I know it does work...sometimes!

@Nothappy123 

Check in your storage settings....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Nothappy123 

There's a setting you have to click on....trying to remember what I did when I encountered the same issue using the adapter (and yes that one in your pic would work).....could have been SSID mentioned before....

Not SSID but yes...does any kind of little notification show on the phone that you're connected to your computer? In there might be the setting to tell the phone what you want to do with this USB connection. ie. charge phone only - is one. But you'd want to let it transfer files.

Edit: Developer options is another way to that setting. Default USB configuration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I can view the files on the phone at will. I'd just like a convenient way to get them off the phone and into my computer. Emailing a few at a time will be slow. There are about 500 images.

@Nothappy123 

just to you know for 500 images can't send it be one email at any email,

You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB. If your file is greater than 25 MB, Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link in the email instead of including it as an attachment. 

Send attachments with your Gmail message

@Nothappy123 

There's a setting you have to click on....trying to remember what I did when I encountered the same issue using the adapter (and yes that one in your pic would work).....could have been SSID mentioned before....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 : Oh! You can see your pictures now? Ok. There's probably a select all option but select the first one, then scroll down to the last one, press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard and then while it's held down click on the last pic in the list. They should all be selected. Then anywhere on the selected list, click hold and drag over to a folder on your computer.

Edit: nevermind. I've never used that Import pictures and videos option. I do it the old fashioned way like above. I just tried it and I see now. (now I need to see if I inadvertently copied a bunch of stuff over 🙂 )

So when you chose that option nothing was found?

Where are your pictures then? ...he wonders

Nothappy123

No folders come up with a left click. I use the right click to take images off my digital cameras all the time.

Nothappy123

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 : Can you click in to the phone folder? Not just right click. Then maybe see a bunch of other folders? Then look for something like DCIM or even just simply camera maybe even Pictures. Some of the folders may not show up immediately. For mine, the phone shows..then not long after finally the other folders show up.

Nothappy123

This is what I ran into last time I tried to do this. I couldn't find any way last time either. I'll try a cloud service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Connected as you suggested. Found the phone in explore. No way to see any files. Right clicked and chose "Import pictures and videos" no pictures were found.

@Nothappy123 

then your videos and pictures is not in your device, i don't know how you delete your email 

can you check it at your gmail Trash or Drafts..

Nothappy123

Connected as you suggested. Found the phone in explore. No way to see any files. Right clicked the phone icon/folder whatever and chose "Import pictures and videos" no pictures were found.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Will this work?  

https://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-Notebooks-Smartphones-Tablets-Function/dp/B07167FPVR/ref=sr_1_4?dchild...

@Nothappy123 

is good that one but why you need it that.... if you have USB charging cable then no need to buy it anything,

see that video... click  Here link,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 : Do you have a computer with a standard USB port? Do you have the charging cable for your phone? (hopefully not hard-wired to the wall wart)

Can you connect one end to the phone and the other to the computer and find the phone and find the files?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : My 2013 BB connected fine to my 2009 laptop with W7 at the time.

But I guess as always YMMV.

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol this thread has become way too complicated. I'm with @hTideGnow ...you just need your charging cable and connect to a computer with its likely present  standard USB port.

Not sure why but that may not always be possible as ISTR having the same issue as OP's awhile ago.  Tried to transfer photos from an older Moto E phone to the desktop before doing a factory reset on it, yes using the standard charging cable, but had no success.   Ended up just transferring the images via Smart Switch to a newer device instead.  I believe the Microsoft Photos app doesn't recognize some of the older devices, although I don't think 2016 phone is that ancient.  Oh well...

@Nothappy123 

The moto e4 supports micro sd cards up to 128GB. This will vastly improve many limitations you may find your phone will encounter with its limited storage. Then you use an adapter with a usb port to back up to your computer. You can keep that data on both the sd card and your computer so it's backed up in 2 places. Just buy a good micro sd card/sd card adapter like the one in my pic.

Edit:

The source has them on sale all the time.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computers-tablets/hard-drives-storage/memory-cards-readers/vital-128g...

Nothappy123

It has a slot for a micro sd card. Who knew? lol

I don't have one though. I would rather use a cable or a flash drive thingy but did not know it was possible with this model of phone.

@Anonymous 

Yes maybe with unnecessary info....but a micro sd card is a must for older phones with limited storage capacity. The OP should really understand that his phone is capable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol this thread has become way too complicated. I'm with @hTideGnow ...you just need your charging cable and connect to a computer with its likely present  standard USB port.

@Nothappy123 

So you do have a micro sd slot in your phone? Thats what a card reader is for...I don't have a computer so I couldn't use a normal card reader on my tablet because there is no usb port so my adapter uses the micro charging port to transfer data to or from the device to a sd card and vice versa. If you dont have the ability to use a micro sd card in your phones you may still be able to transfer the data from your phone with the adapter to a sd card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

No sd card I am aware of. I googled this a while back and the E4 apparently has no mechanism for connecting to a computer. This thumb drive thing looks like exactly what I was looking for.

@Nothappy123 

How to Transfer Content Between Your Computer and Your Android Smartphone

Need Help? Let's chat.