cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive phone call

Polike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to public mobile around 5 PM last night. Everything was fine only no incoming calls. When someone calls me, my phone is not ringing, and the caller is directed to my voicemail. I submitted one ticket around 10 PM last night. The problem is not solved today (after 18 hours activating my phone), so I resubmit another ticket. Hopefully, I am able to receive phone soon

12 REPLIES 12

@12369874 your issue is not Portong related, just a SMS issue that most activations have in the last week

PM can resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having a similar issue, but I can use incoming/outgoing phone calls and data without issue, but neither incoming nor outgoing SMS works, and my number can't be verified for RCS chats. Could you please send me the number to call live support?

Polike

Thank you. I will try to contact them.

HI @Polike 

sms is a different problem.  Almost all new activations have that problem and need support agent to manually fix it

please open a ticket with PM support.  Just message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Polike

I am using esim and am able to make a phone call. After talking to porting team, this problem was solved couple hours ago, but the SMS is not working now.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So, it's been several hours now. I have to tried rebooting the phone? If not, try. If that doesn't work, and I know this sounds silly but it happens more than you think... make sure the SIM card is installed correctly. 

Polike

Thanks for the number you provided. I have called and was told it is porting issue and will be fixed within 2-3 hours. Once it is fixed, I will receive a message. Thanks everyone.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Polike  As @Chalupa_Batman  asked, did you restart your phone after inserting the Public Mobile sim?  If you submitted a ticket around 10 p.m. that would be the cut off for normal support hours which are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.  But if your phone doesn't work despite the suggestions already given best to call the phone number @softech sent you.  I transferred from Rogers and the port was quick (you do have to reply YES within 90 minutes however otherwise it doesn't work).

Polike

Thanks for your help. I have tried all you mentioned above, still no phone call.

There is no service from old provider after putting the old SIM.

Polike

I did reply Rogers(my old provider) YES for the transferring request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Polike 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Polike 

Please know they are really backed up right now as there are so many issues happening with PM.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Have you tried your SIM card in a different phone, sometimes just doing that can "wake it up" sort of speak. Also wondering, if you place your old providers SIM card in the phone, do you still have service? Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.