cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't move to old phone number.

SungsamHeo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't transfer my old phone number. I applied for Black Flyday last November, but I haven't been able to move it yet. Actually, I can't get in touch with my old provider because I didn't check the message from my old provider. How can I transfer my phone number from my old provider?

Please help .

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SungsamHeo 

Check on the link that @Handy1 supplied that your number can be ported over then make sure your old account is NOT cancelled.

Then follow these steps:

The steps must be followed in exact order:

- Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel service with them.

- Purchase a PM SIM (free now but may take up to 3 weeks to arrive) from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo store ($10.00).

- Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6.

- Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.

- Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.

- Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

If all steps are followed, there could be provisional/backend issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to fix at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SungsamHeo   Is your account with the old provider still active and working?  Have you completed setting up your service with Public Mobile but with a different phone number?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have the SIM card from old provider? Is that account still current and up to date? It would need to be first on order to port.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SungsamHeo  First check that it can be transferred 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Need Help? Let's chat.