cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make calls or text / no service

Justywitek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated my public mobile sim card. I chose to have a new number and a 25 dollars plan for unlimited calls and texts (already payed with my visa). 

10 minutes after, when i wanted to send a test text to my friend, my phone said it has no service and I don't know what might be the problem here. 

Does anyone knows what I should do? Is there a setting I should change? (I have a Samsung Galaxy S5)

12 REPLIES 12

EWL

Doing a restart on my phone fixed this issue for me as well. Good luck.

Dlwalsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We all seem to be having the same bleeping issue with no solution 

This is ridiculous! 

dlyrette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is interesting as I am having the same probleme.  I activated my SIM last night, could text and call, and an hour later, I could  no longer text or make calls.  I can't access my account either.  I wrote to the moderators.  Just wondering that this may be a common issue...

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this problem at first  I had put the sim card in but I guess it wasn't in properly so I removed it and put in again and everything seems fine.

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Thanks @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camelia_M wrote:

Hi @Justywitek,

If it's still not working please send a private message to Moderator_Team so we can help you.

Thanks,

Camelia_M

@Camelia_M, @CS_Agent: This was selected as solved by doing a restart.

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Justywitek,

If it's still not working please send a private message to Moderator_Team so we can help you.

Thanks,

Camelia_M

nacho_ninja

Did you check whether your Samsung S5 version is compatible with the public mobile ?

Please try to remove SIM and reinsert sim card and try it ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Justywitek, is your S5 locked to a previous carrier?  Are you able to confirm a connection to the Public Mobile network.  Go into the settings menu and see what the SIM status tab shows. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone. If you have 2 SIM cards in make sure that your phone is trying to use the Public Mobile SIM.

Justywitek

My last phone number is european and I chose to have a new canadian number with public mobile so i shouldn't have to wait if I'm not giving up my previous phone number.

I don't know how it works in Canada but previously in other countries I was able to have two sim cards with two numbers (one for my home country and other in country I was studying in) and I was able to just put the one that I would need at the moment to make a call or something. 

Also I've bought this phone here in Canada so there should't be any european blockage on it.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Justywitek , Welcome to Public Mobile. After activating your sim card, you'll have to wait for your previous carrier to release your phone number. Until then, you should be able to call and text out but just not able to receive calls or text.

Need Help? Let's chat.