cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't activate my new sim

psteiny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting an error: Invalid SIM
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.

I use to use this email address and need to use it again.

I was previously a PM customer and I transferred my number out when I ported it into the company I work for. I now need to port it out again to keep it personal but I'm getting the above error with the new sim I bought.

Can you please help. 

Won't even let me activate the sim, not even up to the porting bit yet.

9 REPLIES 9

@psteiny wrote:

Or how do I contact a Mod?

Many thanks for your help

Try SIMon here first: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

If you have problems with SIMon then try private messaging here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

psteiny

Or how do I contact a Mod?

Many thanks for your help

psteiny

I don't have another number to use.

Now I'm getting error: Invalid SIM, Please enter a referral code.

Verified SIM # is correct, verified referral code is correct.

Seems like something is broken.

Can I please be contacted by a Mod?

@psteiny  I would also recommend that you activate your SIM card with a temporary cell phone number, set up your self service account and then port your number from within it. This allows you to test the SIM and provides a safety net in case something goes wrong with the port. 

@psteiny wrote:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. 

Just a few things. I'm using Chrome on the desktop.

Not been able to use my old email seems illogical, but I'll try using a different email and switch that over later.

Thanks again, will let you know how I go.

@psteiny   Make sure to clear all your cache/cookies too.  Also use incognito/private mode.

psteiny

Thanks for all the replies everyone. 

Just a few things. I'm using Chrome on the desktop.

Not been able to use my old email seems illogical, but I'll try using a different email and switch that over later.

Thanks again, will let you know how I go.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@psteiny  Unfortunately PM doesn't allow a previously used email to be re-used as already suggested by @gblackma.   You can get another email from Gmail for now to get your new account/SIM activated. 

Keep your current account active until your porting to PM has been completed.

kdawn

Have you tried using a different device to activate the sim card? My sister had the exact same problem where it was saying the sim card was invalid when she tried to activate it using Safari on her iPhone. No matter how many times we refreshed the page, entered the number, or restarted her phone, it wouldn't work. We then stopped the process of registering and switched to a desktop computer and when she inputed the sim number, it worked. I'm not too sure why, but that might help you too.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@psteiny to use the same email address, you would have to contact the moderators and ask them to remove it from the system so that you can reuse it. Why not activate with a different email address, port your number in, and then ask them to release your old email and add it to your new account at the same time. Welcome back.

@psteiny wrote:

I'm getting an error: Invalid SIM
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.

I use to use this email address and need to use it again.

I was previously a PM customer and I transferred my number out when I ported it into the company I work for. I now need to port it out again to keep it personal but I'm getting the above error with the new sim I bought.

Can you please help. 

Won't even let me activate the sim, not even up to the porting bit yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.