cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can make calls but can't receive them, text messages not coming through

probaeva
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just activated my Sim at Walmart, came home made a call no problem, however cannot receive calls. My text messages are not going through either and I am not receiving them

11 REPLIES 11

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ilovecats wrote:

I just received a text earlier today indicating I only have 10 minutes left. I still had credit on the account but it may have just been used up from the most recent payment. 

Do you know if people are still having success using Canadian Tire gift cards to buy public mobile? 

My guess based on that is that you are indeed out of minutes. 😞

For the Canadian Tire gift cards, I will have to defer to someone else to answer as I don't know. Best of luck though!! 🙂

Ilovecats

I just received a text earlier today indicating I only have 10 minutes left. I still had credit on the account but it may have just been used up from the most recent payment. 

Do you know if people are still having success using Canadian Tire gift cards to buy public mobile? 

koimr1

@Ilovecats wrote:

Hi, thanks for all of your questions. I never had this problem before. It is self serve. But I can't even login to my account. It is not a new account as it is true I had it for a few months. I am only on the $10 plan as this is a cell I let my brother use if he needs a phone. I tried to phone this # with my other cell and it said something like this user is not accepting calls right now, someone else phoned too and they got a busy signal...I am in a big city so I don't expect poor reception problems. I don't have mobile date on this plan. I was able to text before but no one replied to my texts..I will try to text my other cell phone now...

You say you can't log in to your account and you've had it for a few months.

Is there a chance that somehow a payment hasn't gone through at some point OR you've used up the minutes on your plan? That $10 plan doesn't have a lot of minutes on it.

Ilovecats

Hi, thanks for all of your questions. I never had this problem before. It is self serve. But I can't even login to my account. It is not a new account as it is true I had it for a few months. I am only on the $10 plan as this is a cell I let my brother use if he needs a phone. I tried to phone this # with my other cell and it said something like this user is not accepting calls right now, someone else phoned too and they got a busy signal...I am in a big city so I don't expect poor reception problems. I don't have mobile date on this plan. I was able to text before but no one replied to my texts..I will try to text my other cell phone now...

koimr1

@Ilovecats wrote:

A few people were trying to phone me but they keep getting a message that I am not taking calls. Please help. 

Is this a new problem? I see your account was created a few months ago so I presume you are not a brand-new customer. Is that right?

What does it say in Self-Serve? What plan do you have?

Finally (sorry!) are you able to use mobile data and texting still works?

Are you in an area with poor reception perhaps?

Is this intermittent or is it happening on every incoming call?

Ilovecats

I had my number for over 2 months now. 

How long has it been since you ported your number? It may just take a bit of time for it to finalize. If it keeps up like that it may be an incomplete port and you would have to get it resolved by messaging a mod.

Ilovecats

A few people were trying to phone me but they keep getting a message that I am not taking calls. Please help. 

probaeva

thank you kindly for the information

cloutier19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Happened to me too. I Waited an hour and it was working, sometimes it just takes a little bit of time

jp2

Did you port your number from another provider? You may be able to receive calls by using your old sim until the port is complete. Ports can take a couple hours but if it isn't working for incoming and outgoing calls you will need to send a private message to the mods.

Spoiler

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.

• They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top-up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.